fixedelectric

Having Black-outs

Hi, I have a digital stand alone 4 channel and when I search files that are red from seeing motion ( motion activated ) the unit seems to get confused and doesn't record at those particular time. Is this just a cheap unit and unable to process all the info? Wondering if I need to ditch it and get something a little better. Thanks.

Hi, It is a Zmodo H9004UV.

Yikes. There's your problem!

Cheap Chinese too-good to be true and inflated spec sheets for pennies on the dollar of real cctv gear.

You might get lucky if they have tech support/ warranty. I know just enough about their equipment to stay far away. Sorry man...

Just had a thought though, did you buy and install your own HDD? If so, what's the make/ model of that? I have seen, even with higher end units that Western Digital Green drives won't write fast enough and flake out if there is a lot of activity.

Western Digital overall is good, just not the Green ones when it comes to CCTV at least. And if you have a choice, stay away from Maxtor, Seagate, and Hitachi. I've replaced a whole ton of those due to failure.