braun247

POE Day/Night camera

I would like to get some day/night POE camera's for my house. I will be using zoneminder as a NVR to record.

Does anyone have any suggestions for cameras under $450? I would like dome camera's over bullet.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

I would like to get some day/night POE camera's for my house. I will be using zoneminder as a NVR to record.

Does anyone have any suggestions for cameras under $450? I would like dome camera's over bullet.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

Sorry, but you will not find what you're looking for. Try again in a year or 2. Prices are still dropping...

Stay far away cheap Chinese crap... You will regret, I promise. And unlike lxhzspy, I'm not pushing my own agenda. I'm just speaking the truth.

Sorry bud, I just reread your original post. For some reason I thought you were wanting megapixel resolution... But since you didn't mention it, I'm assuming that isn't a requirement?

Is this camera going to be used outdoors?

What about the Axis 209FD? I like how small it is and it is POE, but I don't know anything about cameras.

Thanks again.

Woohoo! " title="Applause" /> Another fellow zoneminder user!

If you have any problems with the zoneminder end of things I will be happy to help you out!

Axis cams are great, overall. I unfortunately don't have a specific 'rating' since I haven't used that one.

Others who use them will chime in I'm sure...

Oh... well in that case your budget is very do-able. Check out ACTi.com

They have several models that meet what your looking for.

Below is my list of bad to best brands (my experiece and opinion) of IP cameras in your price range. ACTi is the only one I would use.

Cheap Chinese off brands, Foscam, Logitech, Pixord, Vivotek, ACTi.

Woohoo! " title="Applause" /> Another fellow zoneminder user!

If you have any problems with the zoneminder end of things I will be happy to help you out!

Axis cams are great, overall. I unfortunately don't have a specific 'rating' since I haven't used that one.

Others who use them will chime in I'm sure...

As far as I know, Axis does not have any day/night cams in his price range.

What about the Axis 209FD? I like how small it is and it is POE, but I don't know anything about cameras.

Thanks again.

Great camera and brand, but it's not day/night like you said you wanted. As I mentioned before, I think Axis is going to be out of your price range if you're wanting day/night.