iceblast

Would a Non IR Camera be possible here [See Pic]

I don't have any experience with a really good True Day/Night camera. Here's a picture of what the camera would be dealing with.

133194_1.jpg

I might be able to shine a light in that direction. But I would rather not waste more electricity if I don't have to.

Would like to see another 30' feet into the dark there. Few hundred would be great but I don't have that kind of money. Maybe if i turned a flood light in that direction, but my electric bill is high enough as it is.

Thanks for any help you can give.

for 30' looks like it should be fine when it switches to BW at night.

Hard to tell but seems your camera, if its like mine, cant see much at night.

Here are a couple examples with basic light enhancements based on the image provided:

sideofstore1.jpg.e4a8c1f8ba762e0e65dcfc3a2412cc67.jpg

sideofstore2.jpg.f1604b475fd4053cb33d0d121ed59102.jpg

sideofstore3.jpg.aada69318a07af8183912c7bfb341b18.jpg

sideofstore4.jpg.96a61c8f11380e5fa6525778216ee315.jpg

Sorry, that picture was taken with a normal digital camera. not a security camera. Just wanted to show what I was seeing.

Considered a motion-activated floodlight there, in conjunction with a standard camera? Only comes on when someone moves in the area, which is the only time you need to record anything anyway... and often as not will startle some away. An ounce of prevention...

Try using a few solar powered flood lights behind the camera. Notice if it faces the camera it would just blind the image. For about 50 bucks you can get a 300 watt solar light. homedepot or lowes worth the investment.

Hey Rory, what did you use to enhance the images like that?

I wanna know how to do that!

Hey .. LOL

Paint Shop Pro

Equalize, Solarize, Grey Scale, Negative Image, Brightness Up .. not in that particular order though and not all together.

Any photo app with those same functions should be able to reproduce similar results. I normally use Paintshop Pro 12, personally... that, or Irfanview, which is freeware and also has all those same functions.

I would consider a camera that has the 'sense up' feature. I'm wondering if you just may have enough ambient light to see out that far.

Check out irfanview guys for doing post-recorded image modifications. I use that one with the additional options. Sometimes you can see things that the camera captured but aren't there to the naked eye.

I tried out the image enhancements with GIMP and they help a lot when you need to enhance a picture in a low light environment!

Especially the solarize made an almost black picture perfectly viewable, with face details recognizable. I will have to remember these if I ever need to enhance the images in a real situation!

I tried out the image enhancements with GIMP and they help a lot when you need to enhance a picture in a low light environment!

Especially the solarize made an almost black picture perfectly viewable, with face details recognizable. I will have to remember these if I ever need to enhance the images in a real situation!

Try Equalize by itself also .. thats a key one ... I think that is my image 2 and 3, image 2 being in Greyscale.