Sign in to follow this  
rocketpig

HD Camera not outputting to HDMI

Hi, having a problem here. I set up a Sanyo VCC-HD4000 camera with PoE going to a computer... that part works fine (using Sanyo's provided software, which I'm not crazy about).

I also have the HDMI port of this camera outputting to a few televisions. The HDMI cable feeds to an ethernet converter (purchased from StarTech), travels to the television area, feeds back into HDMI via another StarTech converter, and then into an HDMI splitter and into three televisions.

None of this works. I had it working for a few minutes but the output was dim and had terrible ghosting. StarTech claimed that my cat6 cabling may be causing a problem so I replaced everything with cat5e. It still doesn't work and now I can't get any picture at all.

Does anyone have any experience in this hardware or this type of setup? Any tips that might help me get this working?

Don't you love HDMI

What happens if you plug the HDMI directly into the TV from the camera?

Never used the Startech HDMI stuff but I think they are on the low end. I have used Gefen for HDMI over cat5 but it was a pain in the ass but it did finally work.

If I plug it directly into a monitor, it works fine. I just tested that earlier today. I was worried that PoE may not be providing enough power to the HDMI port but that isn't the case. I even used a 30 ft. cable to make sure the signal was strong enough to travel distance.

Yeah, HDMI is proving to be loads of fun. This will teach me to try to save my boss some money.