kyapjoco

Analog or Digital?

Greetings everyone!

I'm new around here because I'm researching for a security system to be implemented in a hotel environment. Money is a bit of an issue as well as we're trying to give it a decent budget. This hotel is relatively small; it only has approximately 50 rooms spread across 4 floors. Can anyone give his/her thoughts on this? I need some practical scenarios and situations that could justify the use or either an analog or a digital system. Thanks! All the input would be greatly appreciated.

- digital? do you mean installing a ip camera networked system? if so, your budget will get killed on the first few camera's.

- recommend that you read more on the forum to learn more before you buy. if you narrow it down to some specific camera's and/or dvr's you can ask that question later.

- your biggest problem will be valdalism of the camera's. that can push the price up quick. but, think like a thief with a baseball bat as your purchasing and installing.

Budget to me means; no network, no low light image, no internet, lousy support, and wires all over the place.

Wow! Thanks for the quick responses. I see your point. I was just wondering though.. how large is ratio of spending for an analog as opposed to a digital security system?

With the cost of Certain Digital DVR'S these days, there is no point in going with a digital system.

You've got to go digital.

We have a few hotels that use our systems, one has 48 cameras.

They use the cameras for security & staff management, being easy to retrieve recordings is essential in a hotel because of all the strangers walking about.

Staff issues e.g. leaving cleaning equipment, laundry etc in corridors can be easily supervised as can any vandalism.

Personally I think hotels are one of the more difficult sites to protect.