sheriffa

Broken Cameras (Ameba Cameras)

I have a storage facility running 9 cameras outside. The 9 are made up of 2 different types of cameras.

5 x Ameba 9035DHL

4 x Ameba 9105DHL

My issue is that all 4 of the 9035DHL have gone bad over time, usually after storms. I'm in New Englang. I cannot figure out why they won't give a signal. I got a BNC tester and the cables are fine. Where can I get the manual that explains all the buttons on the circuit board of the cameras and how to install. I want to fix these cameras rather than get news ones. Any ideas?

If I need new ones does anyone have any suggestions? (I'm NOT buying the same camera)

I tried calling Ameba to get a copy of the manual and they said they would email it but never did. My installer is conveniently MIA, I don't wan to deal with him anymore.

I successfully upgraded the piece of junk Speco DVR to a Geovision PC based system

Thank you in advance

If these supposedly died after a storm, then I'm almost positive they aren't fixable. Think about the static charge from a nearby lightning strike, or even an actual strike going through the power lines or signal lines to the camera. The sensitive electronics in there would not take it very well...

Now, you might want to test the power supply(s) to see if it's putting out power to the 'broken' cameras. If its not, then maybe you got lucky and just the power supply died.

The way to prevent damage from lightning strikes and such is to have all components of the system connected to a good surge protector. This includes everything that needs juice, from the camera power supply(s), to the DVR or PC based recorder you are using.