emnet87

Very Small IP Camera with Day and Night mode

I'm looking for a very small IP Camera with the following features - does one exist?

1. Power over Ethernet

2. As small as possible

3. Day and Night mode or be able to view black and white in very low light area.

I want to use this camera as a nanny cam, possibly have a few of them through the house. The smallest I've seen is the Sony SNC-CH210, does anybody have experience with this camera? How is the quality? I don't really need HD quality, just good enough to see what's going on.

My house currently has Ethernet running pretty much everywhere throughout the house so PoE is ideal. I also have a dedicated computer setup as a DVR so it makes a lot of sense for me to find something that is IP based. If you know of any cameras that fit these descriptions then please list them for me.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Guest

Huviron - The MPix13922WIR looks like a really nice camera from the demo but it's no way smaller than the Sony. The Sony SNC-CH210 is only 1 3/4" by 3 3/4". How much does the 13922 go for?

thewireguys - The Basler is a pretty small camera but it does not include the lens. With the lens I think it will be close to 5" long which isn't bad but still bigger than the Sony. How is the picture quality Basler BIP-1300C-DN? Can the video be viewed through a mobile phone, like an iPhone?

How about this guy?

http://www.avsipcctv.com/products/mpix/mpix13922wir

It's a bit smaller than Sony and has POE, D&N, Weather Proof, and 30pcs IR LED so you can take video at complete darkness.

We do OEM for them, so you can depends on the quality.

Looks nice, though Id like to see that 200' of IR in action please

Dont worry, im not just picking on you, pretty much hardly any manufacturers show their IR in action .. except maybe the really expensive ones like Extreme and Raytec, but even then its still limited.

Also I doubt that would work as a Nanny cam, 200' of light will likely burn the poor baby's eyes out!

And avsipcctv should use spell and grammer check .. there are countless mistakes on that page

thewireguys - The Basler is a pretty small camera but it does not include the lens. With the lens I think it will be close to 5" long which isn't bad but still bigger than the Sony. How is the picture quality Basler BIP-1300C-DN? Can the video be viewed through a mobile phone, like an iPhone?

Yes it is larger then the sony but you also said "3. Day and Night mode or be able to view black and white in very low light area." which the Sony is/can not. I am gonna bet that Sony not going to be very good in low light with these specs.

Sony specs.

F-number =F2.8

Day/Night = Yes (electrial D/N)

Scroll to the bottem to see images from the Basler

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=20564

That Sony is not true D/N, just electronic. The Basler has a true D/N cut-filter, as well as having a CCD imager, I would expect it to do substantially better than the Sony.

If you could work with somewhat less low-light performance, the Acti ACM-3701 is very small (and IP66 outdoor rated, and vandal-resistant).

Basler is very qood camera especially for low light but it is not cheap.... If You would like to have good iPhone support you can use our NetStation sotware with free iPhone CMS Mobile application. You can also download our Alnet System CMS Mobile client application from iTunes and test with our HD demoservers. It is free. Demos are base on Sanyo HD and Arecont Vision.

here is a link : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cms-mobi ... 72698?mt=8

regards,

Tom

How about this guy?

http://www.avsipcctv.com/products/mpix/mpix13922wir

It's a bit smaller than Sony and has POE, D&N, Weather Proof, and 30pcs IR LED so you can take video at complete darkness.

We do OEM for them, so you can depends on the quality.

Looks nice, though Id like to see that 200' of IR in action please

Dont worry, im not just picking on you, pretty much hardly any manufacturers show their IR in action .. except maybe the really expensive ones like Extreme and Raytec, but even then its still limited.

Also I doubt that would work as a Nanny cam, 200' of light will likely burn the poor baby's eyes out!

And avsipcctv should use spell and grammer check .. there are countless mistakes on that page

Rory,

24IRs are good for about 40m (about 140'). 200' is absolutely maximum it can reach I believe.

Take a look at the following video where you can see MPix13922WIR shoots out a little bit further than others.

http://www.avsipcctv.com/sites/default/files/video_load_in/mpix_night.swf

You mean grammar? Unfortunately, I don't have control of avsipcctv website.

Even Huviron website needs to correct some spelling/grammar.

I guess people get lazy sometimes. haha