trivissindo

Is USB DVR suitable for my PC application?

Hi All,

Any body in this forum use USB DVR?

I plan to buy a USB DVR such as Easycap, but I wonder if my PC application can read from analog cameras connected to USB DVR.

I'm using an application named Mobiscope, which possible broadcast images from webcam to mobile devices. This application could be downloaded from www.mobiscope.com/download/ then choose download Mobiscope Desktop for Windows.

For anybody who are using USB DVR or DVR Card, kindly your help to test this applications whether this application could read DVR. I just don't want to waste money to buy USB DVR that can not be used for this application

Many thanks.

I bought an easycap but I dont think it would be good for DVR purposes, there are no adjustable frame rate options, motion detection, or other things you would find in a normal surveillance DVR application. I think they are meant for short video clips and such, not long term recordings.

Of course that was just the experience with my EasyCap, they may make CCTV versions that I dont know about.

There is no windows desktop software version at that link, so no it wont work.

Ive used a USB CCTV DVR, 4 channel, which was okay but it is very basic, doubt it has any mobile software. Its the cost, to keep it such low cost they leave out alot of features, plus they are mostly all direct show and CIF recording.

An USB DVR or any general PCI DVR Card can be applied with any other surveillance application, right?? Or it should uses the application attached on its CD bundled with the DVR?

The Mobiscope application is a third party PC application for surveillance with webcam. I just wonder if this application could be used with analog cctv camera connected to an USB DVR or PCI DVR card. This application works great on webcam, I wish to use on analog camera but I'm not sure the application could read video source from DVR. That's why for you whose PC already has DVR card or USB DVR attached, may test this application for me before I go to buy the dvr and analog camera. The application Mobiscope itself could be downloaded from http://www.mobiscope.com/download/ then click Mobiscope Desktop for Windows.

Please provide me with your opinion....

An USB DVR or any general PCI DVR Card can be applied with any other surveillance application, right?? Or it should uses the application attached on its CD bundled with the DVR?

That is I would say about NOT right in 95-99% of the cases. DVRs (PCI or UBS) that can be used with softwares different than the bundled one are not the rule, but the exception.

With Easycap you have good chances to get it to work. You might need to use different drivers than the ones included. It might NOT work, since there are different manufacturers that sell their own version of "Easycap" with that same name, and there will be differences in hardware between them.

From my experience, I can tell you that I use often one of this Easycaps for tests. I have it working under Win7 with no problem, but NOT with the included drivers (which work only under WinXP), but with some other drivers Google "gave" me. I can also tell you that it works great with AMCAP, and I am pretty sure that if I wanted to I would be able to configure it for let's say use it as a webcam with Messenger or Skype.

I think there is a good chance you would be able to get it to work with that Mobiscope thing. I also thing that if you have no prior experience, you won't have it easy... If you wanted to go with a PCI card, you would have ir quite well with BT878 chip cards under Windows XP (I still have not tried them under Win7).

There is no windows desktop software version at that link, so no it wont work.

Yes there is. Click on your desired phone, and then you will get links for the client for your mobile, and desktop version for your Windows/Mac OS computer

Yes there is. Click on your desired phone, and then you will get links for the client for your mobile, and desktop version for your Windows/Mac OS computer

i dont have any of those phones thats why i didnt follow their links