ssa

Point Of Sale Interface

Hi Guys, we are a leading POS Company in Australia & are wanting some advice on which DVR's have been successfully interfaced with POS. We have successfully interfaced with the base model Inspector Series Dvr & are finding that this is ok although the global speed of 100FPS & limited features eg. No Smart search capabilities & very old looking GUI are drawbacks. We do not want dumb technologies like text overlay boxes etc we want to be able to search eg. via product, via keywords eg. no sale, void, credit etc.

I would appreciate any feedback that you can give me.

P.S Also would appreciate feedback to my last post on the Aver Media NV7000

PC Based; text overlay onto video with a data base of that text stored on the PC would be nice. I'd like to see a PCI card that provides the POS and data base management. The data base could be manipulated by current software....ie, Microsoft

DVR; anything beyond text overlay is always going to be a challeng as the standalone "standard" is very loose and you'll have a time of it just figuring out what works with what.

my opinion says that PC Based will overpower the high end market and the lower end will remain standalone. pretty much haves and have nots based on cash flow. besides, a standalone is a stripped down version of a PC based system. just like a calculator.......all PC's.

Depending on the POS system you can easily grab the data. Most large scale POS systems are SQL based, or some sort of database. IBM used to (not sure if they still do) make a number of terminal POS systems. For the Linux types who wondered who is still using SCO's flavor of Unix, you find them in a lot of larger POS systems.

The problems are that the people who want POS are not using these larger scale systems. They also tend to have the least time to use that data.