bapaktrigan

can anybody help!! DVG 2004-DS ASTELLO

i'm using DVG 2004-DS ASTELLO PAL 4CH dvr system, i used 500gb hdd sata inside. after i recorded video for 2 weeks, i want to playback the video from my pc. so i connect the hdd from dvr and connected it to pc. but hdd not detected in windows explorer. but it detected from diskmanagement. but still it cant detect any new drive in explorer.

help how can i backup the recorded video??

what should i do then??

it doesn't work that way.

You must connected a flash drive to the USB port of the DVR and copy files to that. OR use the ethernet port put the dvr on a network so you can use the dvr's client software to view/save the video.

it doesn't work that way.

You must connected a flash drive to the USB port of the DVR and copy files to that. OR use the ethernet port put the dvr on a network so you can use the dvr's client software to view/save the video.

my DVR do not have any USB port or LAN port,,

is there any software that makes windows can read the format of the hdd from dvr????

Probably not. If it's a Linux-based system, it probably uses the ext3 filesystem, in which case you could probably read the drive on a Linux PC, or MAYBE using an ext3 driver for Windows... but that's a big IF in itself.

And even IF you manage to read the drive, the video on it may be in a proprietary format that you won't be able to view.

I've run into a DVR like this before... the only way to "export" video was to hook up a VCR or some other sort of capture device to the monitor output, then hit record on that while hitting play on the DVR.

Not very efficient, but that's to be expected from a cheap system.

Probably not. If it's a Linux-based system, it probably uses the ext3 filesystem, in which case you could probably read the drive on a Linux PC, or MAYBE using an ext3 driver for Windows... but that's a big IF in itself.

And even IF you manage to read the drive, the video on it may be in a proprietary format that you won't be able to view.

I've run into a DVR like this before... the only way to "export" video was to hook up a VCR or some other sort of capture device to the monitor output, then hit record on that while hitting play on the DVR.

Not very efficient, but that's to be expected from a cheap system.

oww,, well..

thank you very much for the solution,,

maybe i'll just changed the dvr which have usb port,,

Another way to do it is "if" your DVR has an FTP option you can set the DVR to FTP all video to your PC it will take a while but it will work.