Sign in to follow this  
AtomicMule

I am thinking of ripping out my Maplin CCTV system

I bought a Maplin CCTV system (separate Sentienent cameras x 4) and USB PC based system in Jan 09. Ive had nothing but problems with it, and the cameras, one by one failed. Initially Maplin replaced them but recently Maplin changed its position and say the service life of their goods is limited to 12 months. This is bacause the warranty on their goods expires after 12 months from the date of purchase (rather then the date of installation) and are now refusing to replace faulty goods or offer a refund.

I am thinking of ripping the complete system out and having a professional CCTV system installed.

Before any of you give me a dam good hiding with haha - I told you so because I selected a Maplin system, I was satisfied by the store manager their goods are of professional quality and I had no reason to distrust him. I admit with hindsight, it was a mistake to go with a Maplin system.

I am about to ask for a refund for the whole system because Maplin did not declare the goods were limited to a service life of 12 months at the time of purchase and admitted they have had issues with their CCTV goods. However, I anticipate this can only be settled in the Small Claims Track because, infosar, Maplin are refusing a refund and intentionally excluding itself from liability under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1975.

This is 4 camera system, two dome cameras on front & back doors and two night-vision IR floodlight cameras mounted outide on the roof facias beneath the gutter. Can anyone suggest a suitable professional system and a DVR box which can be connected to a PC to download stored video.

I bought a Maplin CCTV system (separate Sentienent cameras x 4) and USB PC based system in Jan 09. Ive had nothing but problems with it, and the cameras, one by one failed. Initially Maplin replaced them but recently Maplin changed its position and say the service life of their goods is limited to 12 months. This is bacause the warranty on their goods expires after 12 months from the date of purchase (rather then the date of installation) and are now refusing to replace faulty goods or offer a refund.

I am thinking of ripping the complete system out and having a professional CCTV system installed.

Before any of you give me a dam good hiding with haha - I told you so because I selected a Maplin system, I was satisfied by the store manager their goods are of professional quality and I had no reason to distrust him. I admit with hindsight, it was a mistake to go with a Maplin system.

I am about to ask for a refund for the whole system because Maplin did not declare the goods were limited to a service life of 12 months at the time of purchase and admitted they have had issues with their CCTV goods. However, I anticipate this can only be settled in the Small Claims Track because, infosar, Maplin are refusing a refund and intentionally excluding itself from liability under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1975.

This is 4 camera system, two dome cameras on front & back doors and two night-vision IR floodlight cameras mounted outide on the roof facias beneath the gutter. Can anyone suggest a suitable professional system and a DVR box which can be connected to a PC to download stored video.

Hi. Atomicmule. you are not the only person who is having problems with the maplins crap. i think they will pay out before you get them to court. a good replacment would be the avermedia eb3004 net. it will do everything you need.