Will M

Dedicated Micros DS2 front panel buttons

Hi,

I have two Dedicated Mocros DS2s (DX09c) that appear to have developed the same fault. The front panel buttons are totally unresponsive. They do nothing. It is possible to control these units with a keyboard (KBS3) plugged into the 485 bus. I was wondering if there is some type of way the front panel has become locked, or is it just a fault on both units? Any help appreciated. Cheers

Hi,

I have two Dedicated Mocros DS2s (DX09c) that appear to have developed the same fault. The front panel buttons are totally unresponsive. They do nothing. It is possible to control these units with a keyboard (KBS3) plugged into the 485 bus. I was wondering if there is some type of way the front panel has become locked, or is it just a fault on both units? Any help appreciated. Cheers

hi you dont have a problem with your dms. they are just password protected....... hold menu button down for 6 seconds then enter password.

Hi thanks for the reply.

When I hold the menu button down for 6 seconds should this pop up anything on the screen? It does not do anything. Something that may be connected. If I connect using a null modem and use hyperterminal, it won't let me log in using the password found on this forum.

Hi thanks for the reply.

When I hold the menu button down for 6 seconds should this pop up anything on the screen? It does not do anything. Something that may be connected. If I connect using a null modem and use hyperterminal, it won't let me log in using the password found on this forum.

it will have its own password........... do you not have it............. if not then its a phone call to DM to see what there cost is

Again thanks for the reply.

A couple of days ago the front panel buttons were working. Is it possible that we have activated a password by accident?. If there were a password present would it not still do something, like ask for it on holding the menu key. Lastly I have just got in using hyperterminal when the unit was halted on bootloader.

cheers for the help.