New Orleans Computer

How to connect monitor???

I have this camera that transmits to a receiver box wirelessly The box has AV out via female 3 RCA jacks. (Whatever they're called.)

So I bought this monitor on eBay and it came with no instruction. If you look at the picture closely, not only are these connects also female, but the red cable is recessed. What does that even connect to? I tried connecting the yellow (video?) together with an RCA cable and still got nothing. Also, it came with no power supply.

Judging from the pictures, the red connector is your power input - you'll need a 12VDC power adapter, rated at least 250mA. The separate wire with the red barrel connector would be for power as well, and intended to connect into a car's power source, the plug into the red connector on the monitor cable.

Without instructions, it's hard to say FOR SURE, but chances are that the connector needs to be tip-positive, meaning the center pin should be +12V and the barrel would be ground. If you get a separate wall-wart power supply, make sure it's labelled like this:

135401_1.jpg

I've seen some exceptions, but they've been rare. I've seen barrels used for AC as well.

But on a DC-power supply, 95% of the time the center pin will be positive.