Sign in to follow this  

Arecont Vision AV10005 Questions

Hello,

Are there any screen or video captures anywhere on the web from the AV10005 at the max resolution and the binned mode? I have emailed and called Arecont asking for Day/Night samples and have not received any calls or emails back. I am an end user and not a dealer so perhaps they do not care. How good is this camera?

They mention "Ultra HD Megapixel Lenses" here: http://www.arecontvision.com/index.php?section=downloads&subsection=view_online&file_id=90 and it looks like the 8mm would be the best for me. I guess the variable zoom ones are not good enough?

I have been lurking here and have enjoyed reading various discussions concerning Arecont being junk and Sanyo having restrictions etc.

I'm a home user running Luxriot software and own a Sanyo VCC-HD4000 installed in a heated and fan cooled enclosure and a VDC-HD3300. My complaint about the Sanyo is the senseup feature seems to totally ignore the max gain setting, which I have set to normal, and jacks the gain way up instead of upping the exposure. I would rather have a little bit of motion blur than loads of noise in B&W mode. I can force long exposure but the daytime video is pure white, good job Sanyo!

I purchased Luxriot simply because they make the VideoPilot software that Sanyo repackages.

Any help to steer me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Hello,

I have emailed and called Arecont asking for Day/Night samples and have not received any calls or emails back.

I guess the variable zoom ones are not good enough?

I'm a home user running Luxriot software and own a Sanyo VCC-HD4000 installed in a heated and fan cooled enclosure and a VDC-HD3300.

Hm. If You do not like Sanyo HD series cameras picture, that means, you do not have experience in Megapixel cameras

One "stupid" thing in Sanyo cameras is not flexible image "quality" settings, and working stability...

Megapixel quantity will not help

Thats due not only lenses optical resolution (I'm theoretically will not believe, that it is possible to do lens to a 10 MP 1/2 inch standard size sensor, with very small pixel pitch.

Variable "zoom" lenses (this type of lenses not exists , i thing you mean variable focal length lenses), is helpful for flexibility, but optical image resolution on that type lenses is worse, than on fixed focal length lenses. This thing not so important, when you use this lenses with standard resolution (big pixel pitch) cameras, but can caused lots of problems with megapixel (small pixel pitch) cameras....

I'm using jpeg full resolution recording with the Sanyo cameras. There is no H.264 for full resolution like there is with the Arecont. I like the image quality of the Sanyo but 10MP would be nice. Since the AV10005 has a larger sensor shouldn't the pixel size be about the same?

Thanks for correcting me on the lens terminology. I'm an electrical/computer engineering type so I do get lost on the lens info but can keep up with everything else. I also wonder why there is no auto iris option on Arecont day night cameras?

I'm using jpeg full resolution recording with the Sanyo cameras. There is no H.264 for full resolution like there is with the Arecont. I like the image quality of the Sanyo but 10MP would be nice. Since the AV10005 has a larger sensor shouldn't the pixel size be about the same?

Thanks for correcting me on the lens terminology. I'm an electrical/computer engineering type so I do get lost on the lens info but can keep up with everything else. I also wonder why there is no auto iris option on Arecont day night cameras?

Arecont doesn't need auto iris with CMOS sensors. I have images from the Arecont 10MP. I can show you with PMs

Arecont doesn't need auto iris with CMOS sensors. I have images from the Arecont 10MP. I can show you with PMs

Any CMOS doesn't neeeds Auto Iris

Arecont doesn't need auto iris with CMOS sensors.

Why do they sell models with it as an option?

I've asked this before. The key word is "need". An auto iris lens is important with CCD sensors because of the potential to damage the sensor if it is exposed to an excessive level of light. CMOS sensors on the other hand do not have this problem so you do not "need" an auto iris lens. So the better question is do auto iris lenses provide some additional benefit over manual iris lenses when using CMOS sensor cctv cameras?

I'm no expert on the subject but consider this ancedotal evidence. Most major manufacturers offer most of their IP cameras with auto iris lens capability. In fact the only 2 that I can think of that don't are Iqinvision and Arecont. Arecont actually does have some models with that as an option but none of its D/N models do. Are Arecont and Iqinvision just being stubborn? Kind of like Mobotix or Iqinvision arguing against H.264? Axis is pushing out new cameras now that use a P iris lens and I noticed ACTI is jumping on that bandwagon too. Pure marketing hype?

http://www.axis.com/files/whitepaper/wp_p-iris_38023_en_1009_hi.pdf

I have gotten the impression from past answers that some think auto iris lenses are simply serve no purpose with CMOS sensors. Or have I misinterpreted?

Arecont doesn't need auto iris with CMOS sensors.

Why do they sell models with it as an option?

Edited by Guest

I would gladly look at your images via PMs.