Digitalbil

What DVR PCI Card should I buy?:

I am trying to cut dvds(2 minutes or less of video) on the fly and am having a lot of trouble getting information about these types of cards. I have four camera points that need to be activated by motion sensors. The problems I have run into are that the dvr cards want to consolidate each camera into one long movie rather than creating small video clips. I currently have a Q-See 8 channel card. The motion sensor part is setup correctly meaning that it turns on right and even stops correctly. However it doesnt create a video file that I can actually combine with other clips to be finally dropped onto cd. Dont get me wrong yes it does eventually make a video clip but it will not let me edit it. Can anyone help point me in the right direction. To me this sounds simple but for some reason I can not find the answers. If there are more questions that I need to answer then let me know and I will answer whatever you need me to in order to get this resolved.

I am trying to cut dvds(2 minutes or less of video) on the fly and am having a lot of trouble getting information about these types of cards. I have four camera points that need to be activated by motion sensors. The problems I have run into are that the dvr cards want to consolidate each camera into one long movie rather than creating small video clips. I currently have a Q-See 8 channel card. The motion sensor part is setup correctly meaning that it turns on right and even stops correctly. However it doesnt create a video file that I can actually combine with other clips to be finally dropped onto cd. Dont get me wrong yes it does eventually make a video clip but it will not let me edit it. Can anyone help point me in the right direction. To me this sounds simple but for some reason I can not find the answers. If there are more questions that I need to answer then let me know and I will answer whatever you need me to in order to get this resolved.

why do you need to do this........... it might be better to let others know what you need to do.

I am attempting to cut dvds of people going through a haunted house. So very similar to a Rollercoaster or an amusement park ride. At the end I want to give people an option to purchase a dvd of their experience. This is why the footage would only end up being about 2 minutes long at the most... The cameras are already in place and looking good. I was assured that the dvr card i was purchasing would work as I specified but of course my sales guy was no where to be found on friday while I was trying to get a hold of him. I did notify their company that I was not happy with my purchase, so I am going to take the dvr card back up their monday morning and I hope that I can get my money back. It was about 559.00 for the card. So now I have begun looking to people with more experience to help me carry out this concept. As long as the card is creating small video clips based on the motion sensor triggering on and off, we should be good. The main problem seems to be finding out how each dvr card is actually saving the footage. I am not worried about hard drive space or even dvd burning times... just as long as I can control how long the camera stays on after it is triggered, this will be fine.