qingyiboy

CCTV mobile viewing application for Samsung Galaxy S

Hi there,

i m having my samsung galaxy s which operates on android 2.1, hoping that it will be able to view my CCTV. unfornately, no application seems to be compatible.

my DVR model is TANDER SMC Series 16 CH H.264 Standalone DVR.

can anyone suggest any application which is compatible to both my mobile phone and my DVR?

thanks.

Google ipcamviewer. Robert Chou developed this droid app that works fine with any IP cam and a bunch of DVRs. Works great with Geovision and DWG but don't know about your Samsung. A bit of a pain initially setting it up with DVRs as you have to configure each camera channel individually and save. Once done though, you call up your shortcut and all the cameras pop up.

It seems Anroid phone apps are still catching up. I use Slingbox. You have to buy another piece of hardware and enable the spot out of the DVR... But it works well, the phone compatibility list is huge, and ANY dvr/ nvr will work as long as you have a spot out. I have a Galaxy S as well, works great.

I have the Motorola Droid and initially had a difficult time finding a viewer. My home security system is actualy a hybrid consisting of an 8 channel DVR with 8 Analog cameras connected to my wired home network. I also have two IP cameras on the network. The APP I use for all is the IP Cam Viewer available on the droid market. It should be compatible with your handset. It works great and there is very good support from the developer. One Caveat however.........you should have a STATIC WAN IP address and each device Ie, IP camera, DVR etc shhould have their own STATIC LAN address. I guess you could use DDNS but i am not sure. Hope this helps!