tylerfixer

Q-See Hikvision DVR from VVME.com - Firmware updates?

Hello!

I have just recently purchased a DVR from VVME.com (the 8ch version of this), and so far it's great.

Except:

Playback does not work correctly.

I can (via pc or locally on the DVR) play back certain time selections, but when I try to skip forwards or seek to different time periods it will randomly move to a different time period. It makes the DVR's recording function unusable, since I have to download the entire recording to playback locally to be able to scrub through the footage.

VVME.com is devoid of any information about this DVR except for the playback application. I can't seem to find any information about firmware upgrades, so I did a little digging.

The device is based off a Q-See model, but uses the Hikvision Linux SDK. I see no Q-See model numbers or even Hikvision references.

There is a telnet server running on the device, but no passwords I have tried are accepted-- so I eventually found a way in using a backdoor in the software listening on port 9527 (PM me if you must know).

I would like to see if there is a firmware upgrade ( currently running V2.40.R06 build 2010-05-14 17:52:36 ) that would fix the playback issue, and possibly source code for creating a linux client for my mobile phone (a nokia N900 ).

Thank you for your help in advance!

This sounds Identical to the box I have. I have tried searching everywhere for info on i. I bought it from someone second hand.

I have experienced the same thing you are talking about. I shortened my video time lengths to 15 mins which helps a little bit.

I know this post is pretty old but perhaps you found what you were looking for as far as firmware update? or any other info on these boxes.... Let me know.

All of a sudden I am having problems with the web view or phone and ipad apps

Any info is greatly appreciated