tangcoral

Cheap pre-made cable vs rg59 cable

Is there a difference in video quality wise when comparing the cheap pre-made Siamese compared to making your own rg59 cable if the distance is less than 50 feet?

I know the cheap ones are probably copper coated and not solid copper core and probably also smaller in gauge.

But video wise would there be a big difference if less than 50ft?

thanks in advanced

Probably not a NOTICEABLE difference. Of course, the lower quality your DVR and cameras, the less any deficiencies will be visible, as well.

I've never tried, but I bet that cheap flimsy pre-made cable wont last very long at all outdoors. There usually isnt enough insulation to seem that it would last.

Normally its like an RCA cable, stranded and thin, even with an RCA output with an included RCA-BNC adapter - at least the ones Ive used. They also have the plug on the end for a single power supply, so if you need to splice it for a distributed power supply then its a little difficult getting the center and the very thin braid to screw into the terminals. Ive used them in a few cases but would highly suggest against it. Also as they are so thin they are easier to damage.

Does anyone have suggestions for the best place to buy RG59 with power, need about 500ft, 95% copper braid, and not CCA. And does buying 95% copper compared to CCA make any difference.

Thanks

Bryn