Sign in to follow this  
akelley

Bosch Security IP cameras

Anyone have any experience with Bosch IP security cams? They look pretty decent feature wise (direct recording to iSCSI devices, embedded video analytics, etc.). I like their mini domes and their compact PTZ (10X optical). Neither of these are MP though (4CIF).

Day/Night Dome

http://www.boschsecurity.us/en-us/ProductInformation/Cameras/ndn498

Compact PTZ Dome

http://www.boschsecurity.us/en-us/ProductInformation/Cameras/VEZ2xxip/

Price wise they are at the higher end, but some clients don't mind paying for a higher quality build and manufacturer support. Anyone have any experience working Bosch?

Price wise they are at the higher end, but some clients don't mind paying for a higher quality build and manufacturer support. Anyone have any experience working Bosch?

So, what is you question about Bosch?

So, what is you question about Bosch?

That's the perception I gather from their website and other reviews I've read online - but what's the reality? How easy are they to install? How easy are they to maintain? What is the support model (does Bosch handle support themselves or only through a network of partners/installers)? The value of these boards are hearing people's actual experience with these products, and not just some industry report/review, which is most likely sponsored by the manufacturers themselves.

I also ask because I have not seen a single mention of these cameras in these boards. If you have anything useful to add to the discussion, please do.

Bosch has excellent standard resolution cameras. Also IP. Easy to setup, reliable, lots of features, etc.... Now with progressive scan.

With BVMS (Bosch Video Managing Software) you can release almost all requested functionality, because BVMS has integrated scripting. You just should know C++ or C# programing languages.

Also, if you use IP cameras or encoders with IVA, you will have forcensis search possibility, that means, you can add intelligent motion detection filters in playback, such as "find red car mowing from left to right" or smth, because with video streams IVA metadata also will be recorded.

Bosch support regarding "known" issues fast, but, if you need additional features or find new "bugs", enhancements and fixes you will wait years....

shropna, thank you for that response - it was useful.

How much of that functionality you mention is lost by not going with BVMS? Are you locked into BVMS? What if I were to pair them with Milestone or Exacq? I'm assuming even if the IVA metadata recorded by a non-BVMS NVR, it's not going to know what to do with that data or use it. None of my current installs require IVA so that's not a concern at this time, but what other functionality is lost or degraded by not going with BVMS?

Are you locked into BVMS? What if I were to pair them with Milestone or Exacq? I'm assuming even if the IVA metadata recorded by a non-BVMS NVR, it's not going to know what to do with that data or use it.

With Bosch cameras i'm always use BVMS. With Exacq Bosch doesnt work now, but Bosch is ONVIV compatible, so, you should wait new vwersion of Exacq. With Milestone works ok. IVA metadata will work only with Bosch soft.

But, Bosch cameras is expensive, and you will not got lot "better" results, if you use Bosch cameras with third party software. Thats my opinion, of course...