Siphlus

Layout and suggestions

http://img169.imageshack.us/i/birdseye.png/

I was hoping with the attach picture that someone with some insight could give me a constructive conclusion on layout and camera types needed to possibly pick up some useful information from intruders and thieves on this property at night. I have a lorex all in one system (l23wd) and would like to add some kind of ptz or other actual camera to this system.

Also depending on knowledge here...Maybe can I get a refer to somewhere I may get more help?

Just another update,prior theft value on first occasion $50,000 and second $40000 dollars.Both times the intruders brought vehicles and loaded them up. Bolt cutters where used both times and one of the lights were cut. The interesting part is the shear amount of weight involved in the tools(90lb jackhammer,concretes saws,core machine etc.) and materials(36" reels of copper wire ranging from 2/o-#6 etc.)is amazing. The servellance system is to gather information if a vehicle is used in the theft. Please don't think I would want camera monitoring if every once in awhile someone jumped a little fence as was running off with a roll of duct tape and a box of screws.That is not the case here. We have discussed a dog which may work if I upgrade the fence and teach it to use the toilet. Also if it bites the intruder here in California I might go to prison and have to paid the burglars doctor bills.(not sure on cali law on that) Is there any other forums that might help so I can gather more information?

Also if it bites the intruder here in California I might go to prison and have to paid the burglars doctor bills.(not sure on cali law on that)

Unfortuantly, this kind of crap is far to common here in Cali.

http://img169.imageshack.us/i/birdseye.png/

I was hoping with the attach picture that someone with some insight could give me a constructive conclusion on layout and camera types needed to possibly pick up some useful information from intruders and thieves on this property at night. I have a lorex all in one system (l23wd) and would like to add some kind of ptz or other actual camera to this system.

Also depending on knowledge here...Maybe can I get a refer to somewhere I may get more help?

Just another update,prior theft value on first occasion $50,000 and second $40000 dollars.Both times the intruders brought vehicles and loaded them up. Bolt cutters where used both times and one of the lights were cut. The interesting part is the shear amount of weight involved in the tools(90lb jackhammer,concretes saws,core machine etc.) and materials(36" reels of copper wire ranging from 2/o-#6 etc.)is amazing. The servellance system is to gather information if a vehicle is used in the theft. Please don't think I would want camera monitoring if every once in awhile someone jumped a little fence as was running off with a roll of duct tape and a box of screws.That is not the case here. We have discussed a dog which may work if I upgrade the fence and teach it to use the toilet. Also if it bites the intruder here in California I might go to prison and have to paid the burglars doctor bills.(not sure on cali law on that) Is there any other forums that might help so I can gather more information?

Spend your money of physical security like a professional road blocker and uprated fences and gates.

Your Lorex system is not up to this job, given the risk.

In your position I would also approach your insurance company and implement their reccomendations.

Ilkie

We actually did a system in a similar site under similar circumstances a couple years ago. It's a crane company whose yard takes the better part of two square blocks, and they wanted perimeter coverage that would signal the alarm company if anyone breached the fences at night.

We ended up putting three FLIR thermal-IR cameras and a Pelco Esprit PTZ on top of a 50' tower in the middle of the yard: the FLIRs feed a video analytics system that then outputs to a monitored alarm panel, and the monitoring office can then remote into the DVR and access the PTZ to see what's going on. The whole thing has been working pretty well for them. One quote they got from another company included something like 30 separate cameras ON the fence, watching along the fenceline.

Now granted, this whole project probably ran them over $100k... it's a lot, but compare that to the value of what it's protecting...

The irony is, they had a major theft just two days before we went live with the system: the thieves parked at the end of a road a half-block of grass field from their fenceline, crossed the field, cut through the fence, and made off with a substantial amount of tools, wire, and equipment. We have lovely video from the FLIRs showing their little white dots moving back and forth for a full 45 minutes, from the yard, through the fence, across the field, to their vehicle. The night watchman in another area of the yard a couple hundred meters away is also on camera through the whole process, sitting in his car, occasionally getting out, walking around the car, then getting back in, either not noticing, or just ignoring what was going on.

Your Lorex system is not up to this job, given the risk.

+100

Fisher Price attempt at a big boy problem... ditch the child's toys.

Crime is not a temporary problem. Invest in a permenent solution.