Jeffrey

Purchasing a New DVR

I'm currently looking to replace my Merit Li Lin DVR 8ch right now. Long story(requires a different thread), but I'm looking for another 8ch or possibly just getting a 16ch if the price difference isn't to bad.

So far, I have found these two:

[edit by mod-store links removed, plz post details only or manufacturer link]

I have 1 PTZ, and 4 other Standard IR Supercircuit brand cameras.

Suggestions, or other product options? Thanks!

For that much cash, I would definitely have to recommend getting a name brand unit. Something where tech, driver, and software support won't disappear overnight.

Hybids are a smart choice. IP cameras are dropping in price every day. Investing in a future proof technology ensures your not outdated in a couple years.

Check this one out... http://www.averusa.com/surveillance/productdetail.aspx?id=137

I don't work for Avermedia... but I've tested lots of units out there both no names and big names. It's a solid unit that I have no problem putting my company's reputation behind.

Thanks, I will admit I'm not wanting a "cheap" product. As far as IP Cameras, they are a little out of my reach right now from what I know about them. (Rerouting all of my Cabling, and buying the New Cameras).

I see my links got edited, I assume this site has vendors? If so I apologize, wasn't aware of that, and on that point I would be happy to take price quotes from a few suggestion from members or vendors.