readydave8

over my head

I have a securityfirst brand #5005 surveillance system at my car wash. I have about 35 seconds of video (attempted breakin) that I want to make some still pictures of. I thought I could back up to a flash drive and put the 30 second video on my computer and go from there but can't make it work. So far the sheriff and the local computer companies have been unable to help. Does anyone have any helpful advice?

Thanks all for your time.

What, exactly, can't you make work? The process sounds viable (depending a bit upon the specific DVR and software), so at what point is it falling down?

Hi. You will have to first install their software which will include a video player. That video player has an avi save button, and that avi format will play in any player.

So basically, install software (player), open backup file with player, and save with player in the avi format.

You can save snapshots of the avi file in most standard video players. If you want you can "fine tune" the picture with Adobe photoshop CS4, which is what I use.