Rif

Ouside Camera showing white screen at night!

Hi Guys

My first time on here so please excuse.

Ok, I have recently installed an 8 camera system on a property.

4 x internal IR domes working fine day & night.

3 out of 4 External IR cameras working fine.

Issue: 1 of my external IR cameras is fine during the day but as soon as night kicks in the image on the monitor turns completley white!

I have removed the camera and plugged it into the DVR directly to elliminate any possible cable faults and the camera works fine in light and in dark. This made me think that the siammese cable was an issue but the camera works fine during the day so proving that there is video and power present during the day.

The camera is the second one I have had due to the initial one causing the same issue.

Why am I getting 'night vision' whilst being directly plugged into the DVR yet not getting 'Night vision' at the end of my cables???

I have looked at light sources shining directly into the camera and other things but all I get is a white screen.

HELP!!!

Rif

post a picture...

sounds like a crappy camera though.... could also be there are objects too close to the camera, creating a reflection of the IR light back into the lens.

Will post a picture as soon as.

If it seems to be a crappy camera then why does it have no issues in the dark when directly connected to the dvr yet produces a white screen when connected outside at the end of the coax cable?

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. Please continue to do so while I try and provide a snapshot of the image.

Cheers

Because the scene is different plugged in at the dvr vs plugged in at its intended spot?

Are there any bright lights near the camera?

I have 2 cameras mounted and installed at the back of the property. They are facing eachother from a bit of a distance but not directly looking into eachothers lenses.

One of the cameras is fine yet the one in question is having these issues.

Will I have to relocate this problematic camera?

What type of camera is this? exact model or specs but plz dont post link to a retail store

What type of cable and connectors are being used?

What is the distance from the DVR to the Camera?

Is anything close to the camera? A piece of cable in the field of view, a bush or tree limbs, etc, anything that is close to the front of the camera which can cause the IR to reflect back onto it and cause white out.

Below is the spec of the camera

"CCTV Camera Complete with Wall Bracket"Colour IR CCTV Cameras with Auto Iris 4-9mm Vari-Focal Lens comes in a Metal Case with Sun Visor, mounting bracket and connector Cable, BNC Socket for video and DC Power Socket for 12V DC Supply.

This is a 1/3" Color CCD video CCTV camera employs a 1/3" High Resolution Color charge coupled device solid-state imaging device which provide extremely long life and high reliability. The camera offers excellent reproducibility with low lag and high burn resistance, and is not subject to distortion from magnetic fields and the camera functions reliability in wide temperature range.

Features

2010 New Design/ Style Black color

High Resolution Over 480 TVL Resolution

AL-alloy Housing; Double Glass

4~9mm Manual Varifocal Lens, Ouside adjusting

72HIRVF480 With 72pcs of ¢5 IR leds, IR Range 30~40M

Specifications

Image Pick-up Device: 1/3" Sony Image Sensor

TV System: PAL

Number of Pixels: 752(H) x 582(V)

Resolution: 480 TV Lines

Video Output: 1.0 V p-p 75 Ohms

Board Lens: Auto Iris 4~9mm, "Has Approx. 92~42° Degree Field of View"

S/N Ratio: More than 46 dB

Electronic Shutter: 1/50 - 1/100,00 Sec

Power Source: DC 12V

Current Consumption: 90 mA (IR OFF), 450 mA (IR ON)

Body : ¢83x120mm  With Bracket: 230(L)x90(W)x170(H)

Weight: Approx. 1.4kg

72HIRVF480 Colour IR CCTV Camera

42HIRVF480_Colour_IR_CCTV_Camera.jpg.a975e94f0fb2be5e73da5dd69db4b449.jpg

From my experience, IR cams require more power loads at night as the IR kicks in. Try checking the voltage of the cam when IR kicks in and see if it falls below the required voltage.

From my experience, IR cams require more power loads at night as the IR kicks in. Try checking the voltage of the cam when IR kicks in and see if it falls below the required voltage.

Welcome to the forum ...

Last post on this thread was from 2010

I think they got it straight by now