simyf

I-View CP-1404HS help needed

The issue I be talkin bout is a 'jumping ahead' type jerky motion when recording (or simply viewing at the console) in 30fps @ 640x480. I have seen this with our GeoVision system. I also noticed the exact same issue on a sample clip from a member here with a Video Insight system. And now simyf seems to describe something similar with I-view.

I should have went for the Dell PowerEdge 1800 w/Dual Xeon 2.8 Processors. Dell Canada dropped their price even more. I would have saved quite a bit by going that route. Oh well.

Edited by Guest

Tiger is where I got the bulk of my system from so far. ASUS P5WD2 MB, CPU, and 300GB HD's.

im using the system max built to order ones ... they build it, I tweak it ..

only thing is they dont sell to the Bahamas so we have to use someones US CC and address ... pain in the butt, but worth it.

Im still trying to sell the stand alones, GE and even the Hunts, but when people find out they get more features from the PC, and dont mind the related issues, then they are going PC ... though we have started to sell more of the budget 4 channel stand alones ... cheaper than a PC system, unless you get your Own PC and use the 4 channel Eclipse Card. .. which by the way works on the Wintergreen $250 AMD PCs from Tiger .. and then with the eclipse you can also get their cheapo PTZ ..

I had a problem with geforce boards before, and when I switched up with a ATI there was not more problem with freezing and jerking.

same here. I like the nVidia chipsets for HTPC applications where actual DVD quality and 3D animation is needed, but the ATI has been the best performer for the dollar in my experience with DVR applications.

scottj