bantham1

CNB VBM 24VF Stuck in B/W

One of my cameras has been stuck in B/W during the day. Unplugging the camera and plugging it back in solves the problem. Could a setting change have caused this issue? I did adjust the gamma but I don't think this would cause this.

Also check that saturation is not turned down on that camera on the DVR also .. happened to me the other day I turned it down doing some tests on a blank channel and then forgot when I added the camera on it .. I was like oh no not a stuck IR cut filter! LOL

If it is that though, you can unscrew the IRIS/IR Cut section of the lens and pull it out, check see if it is really stuck. Release it if it is. If it is bent then also it will stick and can only replace that as it will stick again. I have one on a main road and left it in Auto for a few days before switching to to color only (lights always on anyway) and it never stuck even with the car lights causing major switching at night.

What did you change the Gamma to? Set it back to default (.45) and if need be set all settings back to default.

Check the cable connections under the lens module, check all cable connections. If twisting it too much to adjust the view, the cable may come loose which powers the ICR mechanism.

Also make sure Day Night is not set to BW only.

My biggest issue with them is they dont switch to BW easy enough, eg needs to be really dark.

Second one to go back for repair.

Does not auger well.

Maybe the VBM 24VF will soon become their 80th superceded camera.

Second one to go back for repair.

Does not auger well.

Maybe the VBM 24VF will soom become their 80th superceded camera.

I used 10 in the past couple months on 4 separate jobs and not one such issue.

And they were different versions so not all from the same batch.

I even took one to pieces.

Seems like a solid enough camera for the price.

When you gut the camera there is not much to it, nothing much different from other such cameras, in fact can swap the lens (which includes the AI and ICR) from most other current TDN Bullets or Domes which inevitably if it is a bad AI mechanism (which the ICR is part of) would fix his problem. As long as there is not a major recurring firmware issue then its not the end of the world for them yet.