acmdb

poor video quality

It's still very 'noisy' all day long. I'd reset it to factory defaults and see if that fixes it. If not, take the cam down and power it from a wall wart and run it into a TV or something. If it's still bad, the cam should go back under warranty.

It's still very 'noisy' all day long. I'd reset it to factory defaults and see if that fixes it. If not, take the cam down and power it from a wall wart and run it into a TV or something. If it's still bad, the cam should go back under warranty.
. i have swithced cameras,lenses,power sorce,bnc connectors,cable housing heater and fan thinking the fan was indusing noise in the image.

That pretty much narrows it down to the cabling run...

. i have swithced cameras,lenses,power sorce,bnc connectors,cable housing heater and fan thinking the fan was indusing noise in the image.

That pretty much narrows it down to the cabling run...

From post #1

ive hooked up a "test" spot monitor to the camera and it looks the same as if viewed from the dvr

That pretty much excludes the cabling run.

Back to square 1.

Hmmm... well the only other thing I got is the power run... some of kind of severe noise being induced in that. He's swapped the power supply itself, so that rules that out.

i have swithced cameras,lenses,power sorce,bnc connectors,cable housing heater and fan

Where did the camera you swapped it out for come from, did you test that first and was that good?

Have you taken this camera and plugged it into a monitor powered AT the monitor with just a short piece of cable? Not using any of the original cable, power, etc.

The very best way to troubleshoot the problem is to take it down and bench test it with short cables and wire and plug it directly into a monitor. You gotta start from square one to start ruling out and doing the elimination game and go from there.

If you bench test it and dont have the problem, then its gotta be your cable or power wires or power supply. What power supply are you using by the way? I know you changed some of this stuff out but perhaps something is inferior in the system that is causing the problem.

If you still have the same problem, play with the dip switches while you are bench testing it.

After playing with the dip switches and you still have the problem, then likely its a bad camera.