rtsheffy

Eyemax software blues

I am working on an older (6+ years) camera system that is running Eyemax software on a PC. The previous operator/installer locked out all administrative access to all the owners and employees and took off. So now I am trying to gain access to the contols section to activate cameras and change the time and date, without wipeing the drives. I was able to update the software, but this did not reset the passwords. As most people know, and I am finding out, the support division of Eyemax leaves a lot to be desired. So my question is.... Does anyone know how to gain access through a default password or back door password into the admin controls in order to set up another account as admin and fix all the problems within the system. I am runnning the dv-9120 version of eyemax software.

Thanks jtutje. I will definitely try what they said next time I'm at the club. Thank you for taking the time to share that with me.

I am working on an older (6+ years) camera system that is running Eyemax software on a PC. The previous operator/installer locked out all administrative access to all the owners and employees and took off. So now I am trying to gain access to the contols section to activate cameras and change the time and date, without wipeing the drives. I was able to update the software, but this did not reset the passwords. As most people know, and I am finding out, the support division of Eyemax leaves a lot to be desired. So my question is.... Does anyone know how to gain access through a default password or back door password into the admin controls in order to set up another account as admin and fix all the problems within the system. I am runnning the dv-9120 version of eyemax software.

Locate & make a back up copy of the dvr2.ini file in the windows directory.

Open the DVR2.ini file in the windows directory

In the section [users]

Delete the line that starts with admin or just add a character to the front of the line so admin is no longer spelled correctly

Restart the DVR software and you should be able to log in as admin with no password.

You can also delete the DVR2,ini file if you prefer, the software will recreate a new file when you restart the application but you will have to run the DVR file installer utility to tell the system which drives to use for recording.

Doug

Thanks jtutje and Doug. I deleted the file and reinstalled the software. Everything is good now. I really appreciate all your help, I couldn't have done it without you guys.

Thanks a million!!!!!!