dundashotels

Nuuo System Build or Hybrid DVR

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to build a surveillance system (16 CCTV cameras and 4 Megapixel ip cameras ) for a small hotel with a tight budget. Ideally, it would be a hybrid DVR card or NDVR standalone box that would meet the following requirements:

- Quality Web streaming and mobile viewer

- PTZ

- Video analytics (general motion, missing object, camera occlusion, foreign object, lose focus and signal lost) and Event notifications

- E-map (overlap of an uploaded image and camera location)

- ideally, Energy efficient and small footprint (24x7 usage of course with back UPS or some failure recovery)

- optional, iSCSI target onto our QNAP nas

So far I came across a good deal on the Nuuo Hybrid 7016 card and I have to say it has a great bundle of features. Only thing I am not happy with is that it requires to be loaded on top of Windows, need for additional IP licenses, and it cannot save onto the network drives. Furthermore, I have no experience building a very energy efficient pc with these components (http://support.nuuo.com/mediawiki/index.php/Hardware_compatibility_list). Anyone with some knowledge? Is 60-80 Watts realistic?

Other suggestions on hybrid cards or DVRs would be greatly appreciated.

I'm new to CCTV Forum so thanks a bunch in advance!

Kevin

No idea about nuuo but I build Geo DVRs using just a uAtx mobo with onboard everything like HDMI etc .. works fine as the video card is only for live view anyway (dont see why Nuuo says to use a separate video card). No Optical drive, just use USB or Network for backup. One strip of memory. One fan only, depends on the location. One hard drive only. But if you are using MP cameras you may need much more and that probably kills the whole energy efficient thing - by the way I would suggest against green drives for DVRs, had issues with them and Geo in the past at least, cant speak for Nuuo. use a core 2 duo and just leave speed step on - an atom would save energy but thats because its so slow in comparison. Anyway I dont build mine for energy efficiency because in reality these dont burn that much anyway compared to other things, but I build them more to cut back on heat, also using large cases even with the small boards.

As for UPS, thats an add on to the PC. Down here I dont even use them anymore hardly, had issues when they dont send power back to the PC, lots of power outages here and its always off much longer than the average UPS battery time anyway. We use Voltage Regulators though such as the ones from APC as thats what actually protects the hardware.

On a side note, switch them to solar and then wont have to worry about power protection at the DVR end, plus save alot in overall electricity ..