shinkicker

Display issue..

Hello,

I'm wondering if you guys could help me with an issue I am having with a Windows PC based system using 2x Skyview SZT 160 cards. Now I'll just preface it all by saying I don't really know anything about surveillance systems but none-the-less I've been given this too look into. The short story is that a customer's old system (linux based) died a horrible death and we ended up giving him a replacement ex-gov (windows) system with two new cards as the old ones were no longer supported.

Now as I was away and the guy that originally set the system up has moved on, I was given the task of taking this around on Monday and setting it up which resulted in:

img1358r-1.jpg

Other then the CPU which is borderline, the hardware on the PC does meet the specs required for what it is intended to do. So I'm curious as to what I can do, or something I should check into. To me it seems as something has gone banana's with horizontal hold like an old timey TV. Or is it some sort of compatibility issue between the cameras and the cards.

Apparently you need to be licensed to do much of anything with surveillance stuff in NSW and I think I'm probably skirting the edge of that by just sticking to making sure the PC works, would this be something that I should palm off to someone who is licensed or is it something that I can fix within the PC.

My first thought is that the cameras and cards are using different video standards... if you're in .AU, my guess would be the cameras are all PAL, and the DVR cards are set for NTSC. You SHOULD be able to change which video system the cards are using, but I couldn't tell you how.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The cards were set to PAL when they were installed. I even tried switching between NTSC and back again to see if it would help, even restarting the system between settings changes, but sadly it didn't.

Hello again,

Just to give some closure on this problem for if anyone else has something similar.

I did find out what the issue was for my problem. I was able to get in contact with Skyview and they supplied me with some (customised) Nvidia drivers which fixed my problem right up.

Amusingly all those recordings the system was making the last week or so were fine and played back perfectly.