andy74

Qnap NVR and Mobotix cameras, help needed

Hi all.

I hope some one can help me how to set up Mobotix cameras with Qnap nvr.

I have Qnap VS-2008 Pro nvr, Mobotix D24-sec and Mobotix M12D-Sec-Dn 3 mpx cameras, SMCGS8P 10/100/1000 poe switch, Zyxel P-660HW-D1 adsl with 8mb/2mb connection.

I have to install demo system for customers, but have huge problems with remote view from internet.

When i use system from local pc, everything seems to be quite ok. But when i try use system with remote pc from internet, i can log in ok, after around 15 sec i will get pictures from cameras. But frame rate is so poor (i get 1 pic in 5-10 sec). Cant play recorded files (around 1 frame in 10 sec), if i try snap shot image it starts loading image, but image will never come. it just keep loading.

My customer wants recorded video has to be max 3mpx.

From where i should try to find problem?

If some one has experience Mobotix cameras with Qnap nvr ALL HELP IS MORE THAN WELLCOME!

Just curious, why are you using Mobotix cameras with a seperate NVR?

Also, I'm not suprised you have frame rate issues trying to cram that much data through dsl.... do the math.

Hi all.

I hope some one can help me how to set up Mobotix cameras with Qnap nvr.

I have Qnap VS-2008 Pro nvr, Mobotix D24-sec and Mobotix M12D-Sec-Dn 3 mpx cameras, SMCGS8P 10/100/1000 poe switch, Zyxel P-660HW-D1 adsl with 8mb/2mb connection.

I have to install demo system for customers, but have huge problems with remote view from internet.

When i use system from local pc, everything seems to be quite ok. But when i try use system with remote pc from internet, i can log in ok, after around 15 sec i will get pictures from cameras. But frame rate is so poor (i get 1 pic in 5-10 sec). Cant play recorded files (around 1 frame in 10 sec), if i try snap shot image it starts loading image, but image will never come. it just keep loading.

My customer wants recorded video has to be max 3mpx.

From where i should try to find problem?

If some one has experience Mobotix cameras with Qnap nvr ALL HELP IS MORE THAN WELLCOME!

qnap 2008 will only let you view over WAN you can only play recorded files over LAN.

We have to connect old cameras for NVR, thats why nvr...

Customer likes picture of Mobotix cameras and i have also showed him software of Qnap nvr and he liked it.

If i manage to do good demo system for him, he might buy plenty of nvrs and cameras.

what i'm trying to find out now, is there some way stream live video direct from cameras with lower resolution than recorded video?

Also i have tested qnap nvr with 2 pcs 1.3mpx cameras from remote internet pc and it worked nice.

There has to be something wrong with my system, maybe my adsl modem configuration + live video streamig....dont know

I tryed system with only 1 camera with D1 resolution 1fps, still really slow remote use. Program itself works fine but all videos lacking badly.

I've used Qnap... but its been a while. I saw just enough to know I didn't like it and I never looked back.

However, you may try their tech support. They were nice and helpful.... where are you located? I may still have contact info for the helpful guy I worked with...

We have to connect old cameras for NVR, thats why nvr...

Customer likes picture of Mobotix cameras and i have also showed him software of Qnap nvr and he liked it.

If i manage to do good demo system for him, he might buy plenty of nvrs and cameras.

what i'm trying to find out now, is there some way stream live video direct from cameras with lower resolution than recorded video?

Also i have tested qnap nvr with 2 pcs 1.3mpx cameras from remote internet pc and it worked nice.

There has to be something wrong with my system, maybe my adsl modem configuration + live video streamig....dont know

I tryed system with only 1 camera with D1 resolution 1fps, still really slow remote use. Program itself works fine but all videos lacking badly.

Andy this is simple math. What is your DSL upload speed? What is your total bandwidth coming out of the QNAP with all of your cameras? If your total bandwidth of your cameras is more then your upload speed of your DSL connection (which it is) you will have dropped frames.

Good news is you have all of the tools to make this work for remote viewing. Use Mobotix MXCC and setup the QNAP as a NAS device to storage the images from the Mobotix cameras. With Mobotix cameras you can record at full resolution and stream at much lower resolution for remote connections.

This is an old post, but wanted to clarify something separate to the OP's question...

He set up MOBOTIX cameras to record to a QNAP "VS" NAS. The VioStor series NAS has recording software installed.

Note - if you only have MOBOTIX cameras recording on the system please do not buy NVRs. The NVRs proprietary database often interferes with the MxPEG image recording quality and the limits the camera's functionality. My advice is to just record directly to NAS - in this case the QNAP "TS" series would be a better choice for MOBOTIX.

I can see people wanting to use NVR appliances or software with Mobotix as Mobotix can be difficult to use at times and also it would give you the flexibility to incorporate other camera types that Mobotix does not make, like speed domes, LPR cameras, box cameras with special lenses.