fishguy1

Post processing video for motion

I have 100s of hours worth of AVI video that I would like to post process for motion. Is there existing software that can do this? We would need to be able to adjust the motion sensing sensitivity. I think that G&E's wavereader software can post process for motion, but they don't use AVI.

This is why I need to post process the video: We are working on a fisheries project where we are using underwater video cameras to to count fish as they pass a fixed weir in a river. My boss does not want to use cameras that sense motion and begin recording because if we don't have the sensitivity set correctly we will have gaps in our data that can never be filled. Once a fish gets by that kind of system that data is gone for ever.

Currently we record 24 hours of footage and a technician fast forwards through the footage looking for images of fish. This has quite a few problems associated with it including labor cost.

this may be a little off topic but could be helpful at least as a bump to your question.

Sometimes I'll split an analog camera @ the back of a DVR - one lead goes to continuous record, the other is set to motion only. Since the video signal is weaker I'll go in & tweak the contrast, brightness, & color settings to get them back to normal.

I've done this for Safe & back door contacts several times.