Writech

Transferring POS Data to GV system without GV Data Box

I would like to bring up an old topic posted by user cctv_down_under on the year 2006, which didn't get any aswers. I am also interested in this topic of getting POS Data to GV system without using GV Data Box. The reason of doing this is to significantly cut down on budget. If anyone has a working solution without GV Data Box between POS and GV system please feel free to share it with us.

Thanks in advance!

Have a nice day

The post made to the old topic was next:

Hello,

I have tested the Geovision DVR with a POS register....Fristly I tested it with the POS capture Box, but then I tested it without it and it worked fine...my questions are this.

1/ If the comport on the Geo recieves the same data and there is no need for a POS Data Capture Box, is there any deficit in functionality (In other words, just what does the capture box do) I know it is only workign because what the register spits out is obviously the same or close to the protocol I am uing. I also assume that instead of the Data Capture box you could just simply use the RS232 to RS485 converter which is bucket loads cheaper?

2/ The above solves my need for one register, however if I have more than one register then I will need the GV Hub (4 x 485 signals turned into 1x USB), what i would like to know is has anyone tried using a standard 232 to 485 converter and then using the GV Hub without using any data capture box's?

3/ Does anyone have a wiring diagram for pin outs for the GV Data Box, I have a POS system here that requires the printer to be connected at all times, the printer sends a carrier detect back to the PC straight through the POS box, I need a Y cable splitter for DB9 which I can not find anywhere and I have been advised it wil not work because of Flow Control or something like that (all over my head) so I can use another port from the POS pc but pins 1 and 9 have voltage in them so I need to know if the Geo data capture DB9 input ses these pins or not?

Talking about me I am just a worker in a little company which resells and installs video surveillance systems and etc. in Estonia. As I am realitvely new to this field I dont have previous experience in integrating POS to GV system, although I have some with GV and other DVR systems. I was just told to look and search on the internet if I could find something or someone who has got a working system which does not incorporate GV Data Capture box (just for the sake of getting same working results as with GV Data Capture, for the less amount of money).

I have 32-channel system, with two GV-800 V4 cards. The system is going to be installed to one of our dance clubs in our capital city of Estonia. There will be at least 4 separate POS systems, which transaction data must be overlayed to the relative camera channel.

We have installed GV and POS systems with GV Data Capture box before and everything worked just fine, but we began thinking if it could be done wihtout it (Data box)?

It would even help if you could point me in the right direction of finding the answer.

Talking about me I am just a worker in a little company which resells and installs video surveillance systems and etc. in Estonia. As I am realitvely new to this field I dont have previous experience in integrating POS to GV system, although I have some with GV and other DVR systems. I was just told to look and search on the internet if I could find something or someone who has got a working system which does not incorporate GV Data Capture box (just for the sake of getting same working results as with GV Data Capture, for the less amount of money).

I have 32-channel system, with two GV-800 V4 cards. The system is going to be installed to one of our dance clubs in our capital city of Estonia. There will be at least 4 separate POS systems, which transaction data must be overlayed to the relative camera channel.

We have installed GV and POS systems with GV Data Capture box before and everything worked just fine, but we began thinking if it could be done wihtout it (Data box)?

It would even help if you could point me in the right direction of finding the answer.

if you are doing POS for a customer then just pass the cost of the pos box onto them if they dont want to pay then they dont get POS.

you are doing more than 1 cash register so you are going to have costs in the form of the GV rs485 capture box or 2 rs232 to rs 485 converters for each till.

if your cash registers are windows based with UTP then you could go with the GV-POS-TEXT-SENDER-12CH

but it has a very high cost.

GVPOSTEXTSENDER12CH-1.jpg

The price of GV-POS Text Sender is different in each country - depends on distributor. Last time I checked it was around 100 EURO per license (POS)

POS Text Sender only works with generated TXT/INI/JNL files. If your POS system doesn't support generation of such files, you'll have to do it another way.

Fortunately, we've developed an integration software, which works without any additional Geovision hardware or dongles, and allows several other ways to do it:

a) Virtual printer creation + network sharing + parsing and formatting – it allows seamless integration with every POS system capable of printing receipts on Windows based printer - everything you print on a certain printer anywhere on the network is visualized in Geovision.

b) Virtual COM port creation > RS232>TCP/IP>RS232 conversion and parsing – it allows creation and capturing of a virtual COM port for those programs that cannot print receipt copies to Windows based printers.

The third option is to make SQL Database direct integration, but it is very specific and time-consuming.

Stuff

When you say integration software, what do you mean by that? Have you developed your own program or you've found a non proprietary way of putting text onto a Geovision system?

I'd wager on the former because most companies doing the POS overlays these days require licenses for the POS overlay systems now as well to stop the above.

FWIW I use the NUUO POS box system which I find to be a lot simpler than the GEo version.

I've developed my own program with different integration modules - the general idea is to offer out-of-the-box solution to the customer - almost 80 % of current POS software works with our program without any further customizations. I'm not bound with Geovision either - there is no reason we shouldn't be able to integrate various different interfaces.

I've developed my own program with different integration modules - the general idea is to offer out-of-the-box solution to the customer - almost 80 % of current POS software works with our program without any further customizations. I'm not bound with Geovision either - there is no reason we shouldn't be able to integrate various different interfaces.

Dropped you a PM. Be interested to see what you have on offer.

I recently (earlier today, actually) finished integrating a Ruby Supersystem register into a new DVR build for a customer without the box. I suppose I could have passed the cost down to the customer and bought the box, however, their last system (Magic Radar) didn't need anything extra. Sometimes it's not so easy to sell a new "better" system to a customer, and then explain that a basic feature isn't built in as it was on their old, "crappy" system...

Anyways, it was not difficult. A Cat5 splitter intercepting the printer output going to a RJ45 --> DB9 adapter. RJ45 Pin #1 goes to DB9 Pin #2, RJ45 Pin #6 goes to DB9 Pin #5. That's about it. Configure the COM port for 9600/8/N/1 and POS pops right up. Glad I didn't waste the money (did have to pickup a serial card, much cheaper of course).

You don't even need a splitter per say, just make a short Cat5 cable with a male and female end. Plug the male into the printer, and the female into the existing printer cable. Only, when you wire the female keystone, extend the wires from pin #1 & 6 out and into your DB9 adapter.

When I go back I'll take a picture if anybody's interested.

Hi Folks

I am new to this - so please tell me if I am not doing things right.

I am trying to capture the journal printer output from my Panasonic pos and import it into my GV-1480 without using the POS Data Box - any help that you can provide me would be greatly appreciated.

The journal printer is Parallel and connects to a standard DB25 connector on the POS. I would really like to make up a custom "Y" cable so that the pos printer still prints and also the pos printer output is sent to the GeoVision system.

Is this possible with a Parallel printer without using the POS Data Box and if so does anyone know what the pinouts would be?

Many thanks