SEANHAWG

The Tiger Woods/Michael Jordan of Bass Fishing

Well I know that is a bad analogy due to the recent sex scandal but pretty much everyone can agree that he is THE golfing legend, as well as Michael Jordan was in Basketball.

I dont know if any of you guys do any bass fishing but we have a living legend who is a bass fishing machine. Whoever thinks that bass fishing is not a skill sport, I challenge you to look at a guy name Kevin Van Dam. This guy is blowing away the competition year in and year out. Today he just won his 4th Bassmasters Classic (which broke the record). The winning purse for the classic is $500,000. He has also won several "Angler of the Year" awards. He has millions of dollars worth of tournament winnings over the years. He is just a relentless machine:

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/tournaments/classic/index

I am from Oklahoma. I was born at the Indian Hospitol in Claremore.

I am not in to competitvie fishing, Nascar, cow tippin', noodlin' or Skoal.

Sorry Sean, I just felt like that needed to be said.

(No offense)

No problem. I figured I would have got a response like that anyways, you may as well have been the one to get it over with I havent tried cowtipping yet, but I am definetely not going to throw the idea out. I've always hated Nascar, I'd rather watch grass grow. I tried Skoal once, I felt high for a couple of minutes, but a couple of minutes after that, I threw up so that was the last time for me. I will say that I am a little bit of a country boy, but not "country" enough to noodle, thats just plain hillbillyish.

But I will say that its a sin that you live in Texas and your not a bass fisherman, you have some of the best lakes in the country. Repent now and take up fishing and God may have mercy on your soul. I'll be down 70 miles east of Dallas at Lake Fork on April 3rd.

I didnt know you were born in Claremore. My mother in law works in that Hospital.

Lol!

I never said I didn't like to fish...

I just can't ever see myself sitting on the couch, drinking a beer, gettin all excited, yellin at the tv for some ol boy that got 'em a big-un.

So when one gets too drunk to fish, the solution is to just watch others! Got it!

I did some Kayak fishing in a bay near Destin, FL last summer... that was awesome! Caught some sort of bass I believe. (I'm no pro)

So when one gets too drunk to fish, the solution is to just watch others! Got it!

Yes, now you are catching on. You say you are not a pro but it appears you are a pro already.

No seriously though, go over 70 miles east of you and have someone knowledable in bass fishing take you to lake fork. You'll turn into a redneck in no time after you catch your first Lunker.

He lives about 25 miles from us and his brother has a basspro shop. He is a big deal in the area and it is like a golf pro lot of people want to buy his endorsed products and want to emulate him. I think the fishing gig is probably better than the CCTV gig

Sweet. Yes if I could make it in the bass fishing field, I would definetely pursue it. It takes alot of money to get started and if you suck, you will lose money like its going out of style. So I guess I'll stick with CCTV

If you ever watch him fish, you will get worn out just watching him. The guy doesnt slow down or stop for anything. Its freaky how good he is, in this area he was fishing, he had several boats around him that werent catching anything, yet he was pulling them in like crazy. He may be not be all human, I dont know.