tclinch

PC Based DVR for small company - Thoughts or comments

I work for a small company that has high security needs. I am an IT guy which inherited the security duties. Currently we have 4 cameras and a MACE 4 channel DVR. Next week I have another 8 cameras being installed and have been exploring using a PC-based 16 channel DVR. I have been looking at the DESA XL (ruled out DIVAR due to DESA extra features) and the Clover 1600. I only need the 120ips for my needs, mostly concerned with long term storage of the video. Does anyone have any other DVRs to consider or have any comment about the 2 options mentioned? The Clover 1600 seems to be very similar in features as the DESA but half the price. Of course the warranty is nothing compared to the DESA (1 yr vs. 3 plus the advanced exchange). Any other thoughts or ideas would be great? I am trying to learn quickly here.

Build your own and cut 50% or greater off the price. Charge your time back to your company and you come out a winner. 1 yr warranty is plenty on any technology, as it generally becomes obsolete before it fails and you wind up upgrading to something newer if it does.

scottj

Well, you got 2 options, GEO (overpriced) or I-VIEW (better priced and better software)

Also Video Insight.

C'mon Tomas gimme a VJ120 or VJ240 eh... I be broked