Sign in to follow this  
hss82

BOSCH VDN 495v03-20 PROBLEM

Hi, I have a problem with a Bosch VDNV03-20 Camera. As soon as I hook it up it says "Upgrade in Progress" and i cant get it out of that mode. I have tried accessing the menu, but no luck. I have left it on for a while, changed power adapters etc no luck. It is usually hooked up to my dvr, but i tried on a monitor by it self as well and the same thing happens. I have just got a hold of the camera and do not know if it was working previously my guess is it still does as it gets a signal. If anyone knows anything about this that would be great. Thanks

These are very good cameras, I really like them. I think what happened was someone, the previous owner, might have unplugged the com cable while doing an update via Bilinx. I'm assuming you bought this used? Here's a copy of the manual in PDF format. Pages 18-27 will tell you how to get to the menus and navigate to the "Default" settings. If you can get in try going to the Installer menu and reset. If you can't get in there you might try the Bilinx software and cable. The cable is about $100, going from memory. If this was an eBay purchase and you can't get passed this problem immediately return it for a refund.

Oops, I forgot to post the link.

http://resource.boschsecurity.com/documents/VDC485SeriesDom_InstallationGuide_FlexidomeXFAndDN_enUS_T3626540299.pdf