Gromov

Outdoor camera for online live cam purposes [newbie talk]

Hi there.

I have this little project that I'm a bit excited about now. I want to stream a live camera from my balcony. I happen to live in a tiny ass apartment but with a beautiful view of the city. Just started doing my search today but there are so many brands and all have their own specific purposes mainly CCTV.

I'm not worried about the installation and forwarding ports, because i feel confident in that area.

To keep it short, here is what i would like to have at this point of time so that I at least know what to want:

- Ip cam

- At least HD 720

- Nice colors

- Decent night time display, streets are fairly illuminated

- Wide angle lens

- Temperatures vary from -5 to 40 Celsius. Having said that, the camera will be exposed to direct sunlight, heavy winds and rain.

Obviously, would like to keep the costs down to about 300-350$ for all this goodness (I really hope you dont just laugh and walk away )

So, any ideas what to look at? So far I've checked out Dlink and Microseven websites really close, however would like to see what pros would say.

Below is the time lapse of the same street i've done with my GoPro the other day. Unfortunately the battery died when it started getting dark, but it should give you an idea about illumination.

Hi there.

I have this little project that I'm a bit excited about now. I want to stream a live camera from my balcony. I happen to live in a tiny ass apartment but with a beautiful view of the city. Just started doing my search today but there are so many brands and all have their own specific purposes mainly CCTV.

I'm not worried about the installation and forwarding ports, because i feel confident in that area.

To keep it short, here is what i would like to have at this point of time so that I at least know what to want:

- Ip cam

- At least HD 720

- Nice colors

- Decent night time display, streets are fairly illuminated

- Wide angle lens

- Temperatures vary from -5 to 40 Celsius. Having said that, the camera will be exposed to direct sunlight, heavy winds and rain.

Obviously, would like to keep the costs down to about 300-350$ for all this goodness (I really hope you dont just laugh and walk away )

So, any ideas what to look at? So far I've checked out Dlink and Microseven websites really close, however would like to see what pros would say.

Below is the time lapse of the same street i've done with my GoPro the other day. Unfortunately the battery died when it started getting dark, but it should give you an idea about illumination.

You say its for online viewing. What's your upload speed and do you have data limits?

Currently I have 1mbps upload and no limits. Might get my plan upgraded when I'll install the camera.

Hi there.

I have this little project that I'm a bit excited about now. I want to stream a live camera from my balcony. I happen to live in a tiny ass apartment but with a beautiful view of the city. Just started doing my search today but there are so many brands and all have their own

I would assume u understand RU ?

Postav sanyo 2300

i ne krute sebe golovu

with exacq soft

i ch lic besplatno

Hi there.

I have this little project that I'm a bit excited about now. I want to stream a live camera from my balcony. I happen to live in a tiny ass apartment but with a beautiful view of the city. Just started doing my search today but there are so many brands and all have their own

I would assume u understand RU ?

Postav sanyo 2300

i ne krute sebe golovu

with exacq soft

i ch lic besplatno

О, свои спасибо.

I've checked online and Sanyo 2300s cost around 500... Or is there some place cheaper?

Pavel, yes i would like 720p streaming video, although it is not going to be super smooth because of 1mb upload rate.

Korgoth, thanks I will keep this in mind.

Unfortunately I will need to delay this project a little because of high costs and logically there is another one that i will need to get rolling first.