joelee148

What's the transmission method of highway surveillance?

I am very curious and wondering how do the video/video+ptz transmit to control room when I went through from Heathrow airport to downtown Birmingham.

There are cameras alongside and distance between each is about 200m. So I guess they use fibre?

I am very curious and wondering how do the video/video+ptz transmit to control room when I went through from Heathrow airport to downtown Birmingham.

There are cameras alongside and distance between each is about 200m. So I guess they use fibre?

I'm not too sure about the cams in question joelee. I have worked with motorway maintenance cams which had miles and miles of cabling, every so often there would be inline amps and the telemetry was transmitted down the coax(BBV). They have started using fibre optic cables now, you're quite limitless when it comes to distances - pricey though.

Heathrow to Birmingham? Birmingham Midlands?? Broadband over that distance.

I'm not too sure about the cams in question joelee. I have worked with motorway maintenance cams which had miles and miles of cabling, every so often there would be inline amps and the telemetry was transmitted down the coax(BBV). They have started using fibre optic cables now, you're quite limitless when it comes to distances - pricey though.

Heathrow to Birmingham? Birmingham Midlands?? Broadband over that distance.

Thanks ptzguy. Now we are useing fibre optics for all new/upgrading highways in China, just 1 core fiber can add and drop cams and run through distances. Just simple and reliable, doesn't it? Ground fibre, fusion and coax cams in, no bandwidth limitation, no delay and degradation, no adjustment, it is interesting especially a project with thousands of cams.

Otherside you are right, useing fibre means a higher budget somehow. As you said, they started using fibre now, I am interesting in their fibre topological.

What we are using for highway fibre transmission is called cascade video fibre optics, each node with AGC. Hope to learn more from here.