gmask

outdoor LED 2.8mm camera

I need to cover an outdoor area with a 2.8mm standard (not varifocal) lens with night capability. Any suggestions?

Gonna be difficult as I havent seen any, but you can buy your own 2.5mm lens for example, very cheap. But then its not aspherical so blurry on the edges, even if you can live with that, it would be too large for the IR camera whose IR Ring or lens area is designed only for a 3.6mm+

no, just rare on an IR bullet with a fixed lens. The IR would just be a spot in the center as they are generally only 30 degrees. although I havent seen 2.8mm fixed lenses, 2.5 perhaps. These are all M12 Fixed Board lenses by the way. The Varifical are typically M13 (some older ones or non AI ones could be M12 also), while the box cameras would be C or CS mount.

And modifying an existing fixed lens IR bullet would be difficult as most are like this:

Note the small size of the area where the lens is, a 2.5mm or 2.8mm would be too large.

kpcdn301_main-1.jpg

The lens itself isnt rare and is cheap: Eg. first one on this page is a 2.45mm.

It looks the same size as the 3.6mm in the images but if you look at the thread you can see they shrunk the 2.45 mm image, it actually is much larger.

http://www.ktnc.co.kr/english/viewtopic.php?t=468

Eg: Approximate size comparison

fixedlenses.png.09d0b167088024fcbef4ca428aaa3794.png

I don;t need varifocality. Is it such a rare lens?

No, but you limit your options by dismissing it, unless you have a specific reason for doing so.

Look at some of the other threads regarding the CNB MonaLisa line of cameras, for example - the domes use a 600TVL, 1/3" sensor with 2.8-10.5mm varifocal lens, and have really outstanding low-light sensitivity... and no IR required if you have even a small amount of ambient light. And being true day/night cameras, they'll also get along with any existing IR illuminators.