RobP77

My DVR system just crapped out. Need help picking DVR cards.

So my DVR system of 6 years just crapped out, it's been dying for months and this morning the motherboard burned out. Literally it burned out. The company Secom is useless I've sent them e-mails for months now regarding any support they could give me and I've been told to fuck off. I tried extracting the software and drivers off the HD but due to rigorous copy protection the software is bound to one motherboard forever and only they were the one's that could deactivate it.Trying to swap the mobo would result in BSOD + Endless reboot cycle. The guy that originally sold me the system is nowhere to be found. Well that's enough whining.

I need 2x16 channel DVR cards for PC based system, what do you fine gentlemen recommend? I'd prefer a company that won't go out of business/back out of the U.S. market/stop support, 2 years after I buy their products. I was thinking Geovision but I'm open to any suggestions.

I've never tried a 2x16 setup, but from what I've read here, it seems it could be problematic... might want to look at a single 32-channel card.

That said... it shouldn't be too difficult to resurrect your old system on a new motherboard; the BSOD you're experiencing is a well-known problem with versions of windows that use a HAL (hardware abstraction layer), ie. Win2000 and later.

I've never tried a 2x16 setup, but from what I've read here, it seems it could be problematic... might want to look at a single 32-channel card.

That said... it shouldn't be too difficult to resurrect your old system on a new motherboard; the BSOD you're experiencing is a well-known problem with versions of windows that use a HAL (hardware abstraction layer), ie. Win2000 and later.

Have done number of 2x16 ch HIK based system

no problem at all

All of them hardware compression

Well, I didn't say it WOULD be, just that it COULD be. With good name-brand cards like HIK, you have a certain level of expectation that they've built good hardware and written good supporting drivers and software. Cheaper, no-name or off-brand stuff... there's no way to know without trying it.

So my DVR system of 6 years just crapped out, it's been dying for months and this morning the motherboard burned out. Literally it burned out. The company Secom is useless I've sent them e-mails for months now regarding any support they could give me and I've been told to **** off. I tried extracting the software and drivers off the HD but due to rigorous copy protection the software is bound to one motherboard forever and only they were the one's that could deactivate it.Trying to swap the mobo would result in BSOD + Endless reboot cycle. The guy that originally sold me the system is nowhere to be found. Well that's enough whining.

I need 2x16 channel DVR cards for PC based system, what do you fine gentlemen recommend? I'd prefer a company that won't go out of business/back out of the U.S. market/stop support, 2 years after I buy their products. I was thinking Geovision but I'm open to any suggestions.

secom in the past have used other companys software. one being avermedia and they have also used hikvision.

do you have a screen shot of your display ??? secom will not help if you dropped out of there service contract

It might be helpful to post pictures of your capture card. Maybe someone here will recognize it and tell you what software will work with it.

Nope DVR software was supplied by secom. The manual states that the license is bound to one motherboard chipset. The only way to deactivate and reactivate on a new mb was through them.

secom in the past have used other companys software. one being avermedia and they have also used hikvision.

do you have a screen shot of your display ??? secom will not help if you dropped out of there service contract

AM-7416. Amni-Logics no help from them either.

It might be helpful to post pictures of your capture card. Maybe someone here will recognize it and tell you what software will work with it.

I dl'ed a ton of software trials to test compatibility. The only one that worked and supported 32 cards cost around 3k. I could buy a whole new system for that.

Hey what cards work on amd chipsets? I find it funny that most cards only advertise themselves as intel chipset compatible. The guy who originally sold me the system said the same thing, but I looked it up and found that as of 2007 amd cpus and chipsets contain all necessary instructions to run DVR cards.

Hey what cards work on amd chipsets? I find it funny that most cards only advertise themselves as intel chipset compatible. The guy who originally sold me the system said the same thing, but I looked it up and found that as of 2007 amd cpus and chipsets contain all necessary instructions to run DVR cards.

I think it is just a matter of the manufacturer saying "we have not tried, you are on your own", than any cards not being AMD compatible. My main test computer for DVR cards is an old Athlon 64 computer, and I still have not found a card that doesn't work on it.

I can also say I have tested 3 Hikvision cards on the same computer with no problems at all. Not only that, but you can mix different kind of cards, like maybe a 16ch D1 25fps/channel card, and a cheaper 16ch CIF 25fps/channel card. They should give no problems at all, when running several Hikvision cards on the same computer.