Sign in to follow this  
bobber

Which hardware to use...

Hello,

I'm fairly new in the CCTV field and I have to replace a defective 16 camera setup that used Kodicom cards, but I would like something slightly better so I was trying to figure out whether I should be using hardware from HIK or AverMedia or even GeoVision with those requirements in mind :

I'd like to have the most open setup in terms of hardware, I don't want to be locked in with proprietary boxes that could fail and force me to buy a new one completely, so I thought about a PC Based system, but then there's a huge list of restrictions concerning supported chipsets (especially new PCs)...

I want something that is easily replaceable yet reliable and would like to be able to record on a remote NAS storage accessible from the computer (I mean Live video, not backups or something else).

Regarding the software, I'd like to have the most open recording format too, I'd rather not have a proprietary database recording video that I'd be stuck with if the OS/DVR-software drive was to fail or if the DB was getting corrupted...

Also, which company in your opinion has the best update frequency for their DVR software (and hopefully the best DVR software).

I know this is a lot of requirements but does any of you have opinions on which company would best fit those needs ? Does that even exist ?

I don't think I'd be better with a standalone DVR (especially hardware-wise) but I'm opened to suggestions...

Hi,

I sell for many year orginal kodicom card now is 2 year i sell Standalone and i am very to no more loose time with dvr card.

now standalone dvr with is good cms software is the best solution