Loldawg

Surveillance setup

Hi

So I got this setup in my building, and it goes along my cable TV cable. The same cable is used both for tv, surv, and internet. Since its plugged into my modem, and modem in my pc, is there any way to use a software to watch it? If not, what would I need to plug it into my pc?

Cheers

It sounds like your building's system is modulating the CCTV feed onto a cable channel... in order to watch it on your computer, you'd need either a tuner card that can tune the appropriate channel... or use some sort of capture device in the computer, and plug your cable tuner box's output into that.

Hey

Thanks for the reply. The thing is, I can't seem to find the channel on my TV thats streaming that. My tv setup is : cable > D3 Reciever > tv (d3 = digital tv, you put your tv on AV and then use a separate remote for it). Scanned all channels on my tv, and checked all on the reciever, can't find the channel for it.

Also, by tunner card, you mean something like a TV card for my pc?

Cheers!

What do you mean, exactly, by "same cable is used for tv, surv(eillance?) and internet"?

Internet over the TV cable is common enough... surveillance cameras on the same feed is generally done by modulating the camera signal onto a TV channel. If yours isn't doing this, then how do you know that surveillance is on the same cable?

Hello!

Let me try to clarify it a little. I'm using cable tv + internet package. The same cable is used for both. When we moved here, I was told that the security camera feed is also connected to the same cable. Now the cable doesn't go directly into my tv, but into a receiver we got from the ISP. There, I can watch only channels I'm subscribed to, and I can't scan for other sources of image (such as a surv. camera). Using only the TV, without the receiver, I did re-scan for channels, but I couldn't find the feed from the camera.

Another piece of that cable goes into my modem, which is connected to my pc via lan cable.

Hope that helps, thanks a lot!

I have a similar setup as you in my condo complex. What happened was my tv, internet and the main camera was on one feed, but i couldnt view the camera channel through my cable box. So what i did was i got a 3 way splitter send one to my cable box, one to my internet modem and the last directly to my tv. When i tuned into the analogue channels it worked on channel 1. Hope this helps.