Silence

Small club - IP + PoE + PC help needed

Hello,

I need some advice on on a private/semi-public surveillance systems for a small club, where we have little trouble with two factions and a few young people engaged in vandalism.

We therefore need some CCTV surveillance which can operate day and night (Night Vision) and activates with motion, recording locally and also located a copy offsite.

I'd like to get IP cameras that get their power via LAN cable(PoE), as this is a cheap cable and I can connect a UPS to my switch and computer and thus ensure that even if power is interrupted(Yes, the little bastards did this too) there will be recorded for a while.

Need to have

- Recording to a local hard drive

- Recording / Copying to offsite server (Previously we had our DVR and Camera's stolen) - (Eg. JPEG images that are updated every 15 sec?)

- Motion detection(I assume the software handles this?)

- IP camera (Provides good resolution, Network Cable can deliver everything via PoE)

- Web-interface(So I can check from home if anything's up)

Nice to have

- SMS notification/alert on movement (So I know I should go check my camera's via the web now)

- Finding some good IP camera that can be used indoors and outdoors, respectively.

- Find some software that can be used to record from the cameras.

I've been able to get my hands on a used Cisco SFE2000p switch for 100$, but that's about the only thing I currently have.

My budget is about 4-5000$ - And I live in Denmark

Hi there,

I work for VideoIQ Benelux and we can deliver the camera's with all requested functionality.

We can deliver also in the Scandinavian countries.

Please visit our website www.videoiq.nl or www.videoiq.com (for info in English).

I need some advice on on a private/semi-public surveillance systems for a small club, where we have little trouble with two factions and a few young people engaged in vandalism.

We therefore need some CCTV surveillance which can operate day and night (Night Vision) and activates with motion, recording locally and also located a copy offsite.

VideoIQ cams offer superb night vision

I'd like to get IP cameras that get their power via LAN cable(PoE), as this is a cheap cable and I can connect a UPS to my switch and computer and thus ensure that even if power is interrupted(Yes, the little bastards did this too) there will be recorded for a while.

Need to have

- Recording to a local hard drive - YES - max 500 GB in camera

- Recording / Copying to offsite server (Previously we had our DVR and Camera's stolen) - (Eg. JPEG images that are updated every 15 sec?) NO - no stills only clips

- Motion detection(I assume the software handles this?) - BETTER - object detection people - vehicles - cars

- IP camera (Provides good resolution, Network Cable can deliver everything via PoE) - YES

- Web-interface(So I can check from home if anything's up) - YES

Nice to have

- SMS notification/alert on movement (So I know I should go check my camera's via the web now) - NO but YES via email

- Finding some good IP camera that can be used indoors and outdoors, respectively. - BOTH models available in Dome en Box models

- Find some software that can be used to record from the cameras.- Software all included - no additional costs

Hope that sets you on the right track.

Kind regards,

John

j.lavooij@videoiq.nl

Hi there,

I work for VideoIQ Benelux and we can deliver the camera's with all requested functionality.

We can deliver also in the Scandinavian countries.

Please visit our website www.videoiq.nl or www.videoiq.com (for info in English).

Hope that sets you on the right track.

Kind regards,

John

j.lavooij@videoiq.nl

Hello John,

Let me be honest with you - I'm hoping to do most stuff my self in order to save money and build up some experience for my own home

I've taken a look at your website and I must admit the idea is really good, yet in this situation not beneficial for me as we've had both our camera's and DVR stolen previously, so I need the offsite option as well as having it locally where I can hide it. - Since power has been cut before I need it to be PoE camera's as well so they don't black out if someone cuts power(With a UPS I can keep going for some time) Secondly, I couldn't really find sample video's of your camera's in action. Thank you for your offer though

Hello John,

Let me be honest with you - I'm hoping to do most stuff my self in order to save money and build up some experience for my own home

I've taken a look at your website and I must admit the idea is really good, yet in this situation not beneficial for me as we've had both our camera's and DVR stolen previously, so I need the offsite option as well as having it locally where I can hide it. - Since power has been cut before I need it to be PoE camera's as well so they don't black out if someone cuts power(With a UPS I can keep going for some time) Secondly, I couldn't really find sample video's of your camera's in action. Thank you for your offer though

VideoIQ stores the video locally on a harddrive inside the camera and you can have the video offloaded to a offsite location.

VideoIQ cameras are POE.

Here is a link to sample video from the HD Dome camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1RdBtHcaGw&feature=player_embedded

VideoIQ looks nice, but since I can't try them out in real life without buying them first, I'm giving them a pass.

I've ordered 1x8134 and 1x8361 Vivotek camera's.

Will report back when I know more and have tried them out, if not I'll lose 20$ to send them back, but this isn't really a area where I wanna be the one who's screwed up if the vandals come back

Hi,

Sorry but I guess you did not have all the info about the cams.

Camera's have full functionality to store video data outside of camera on NAS or any other network attached storage.

You set the schedule you want.

You could have tested some things before if you wanted too.

Remote access and viewing of D1 or HD camera would have been easy to arrange.

Success with the camera´s you have bought.

John

Product Manager

VideoIQ Benelux BV