Sign in to follow this  
gtxkid

What should i do

I have been given a Job at a Correction's facility that has a 24 channel PC base DVR.

http://www.discount-security-cameras.ne ... elite.aspx

I called tech help for (1 I ask about software update.

(2 What i have to do to upgrade 25 channel to a 48 channel.

(3 Do i need a special tool to adjust camera's

Tech i spoke with said he will not help me because i am not the company that installed it.

Kinda rood.

I was very suprised.

I need 24 more channel's with 24 more camera's.

What do i do

This place is going to need a lot of work an i was thinking of just starting over, salvage what i can

I just installed a 32 channel Dahua DVR .. distributed under a different name in the US, many different brands resell their DVRs. It worked out well, was simple to setup, holds 8 HDD, or 6HDD and 1 Optical Drive (eg. DVD-RW). Its also rackmountable, lots of room to work inside, inexpensive for what it is. Has Composite, VGA, HDMI, E-sata, Redundancy, Audio, USB, IR Remote, Alarms, Serial, and is only 40w standard. 7fps D1 on each channel.

It has powerful network software with features such as Offsite recording on motion events from the DVR, video alarm monitoring output to multiple PC Monitors, up to 64 way live view and multiple DVR connections. Also can change DVR settings through the Network software.

Perhaps look at replacing what is there and starting fresh, sell them 2x32 channels and they can add more cameras later if they want.

If they need real time D1 on each channel Dahua also make a 16 channel D1 real time unit, would need 3 of those though for 48 cameras.

These are all H.264 compression, if you need higher quality recording need to search for some MJpeg type compression DVRs.