simyf

PCI Express Graphics card

Is there a compatiblity issues by using I-View or Geo DVR card with PCI Express Graphics card? Please advice.

never heard of that card, but id recommend at least a Radeon 128MB DDR Video card.

Hi rory,

What i mean here is using PCI Express type of Graphic card and it can be from ATI or Nvidia. Previously we are using AGP8x type of graphic card and nowaday the system come with PCI-eXpress type of graphic card... pls advice

Most new systems come with AGP video onboard, and if you have the choice of a PCI/AGP card, go with an AGP card.

Down here, PCI Cards cost more than AGP cards.

AGP is faster.

Rory

newest ststems comes with PCI express AGP is already absolete.

(I don't see any reason why you shold have problems with PCI express, but never tested it myself

Pci express is the latest and bestest

Most new pc's now come with these, no reason why they wont work but not needed for any boards to date.

If I'm not mistaken PCI Express graphics card is 2x faster than AGP8x graphics card

newest ststems comes with PCI express AGP is already absolete.

(I don't see any reason why you shold have problems with PCI express, but never tested it myself

really?? not the mobos i just got, and they had all the bells and whistles ..

try ADD instead .. he he he he ... for yall home teatre guys ..

anyway its useless if your monitor has a slow refresh rate .. im running 150hz on my PC right now.. with Geovision activeX the faster refresh rate is highly recommended, and this just from writing some custom software for a low bandwidth GEO location

Common buses:

PCI-E: The next generation of slots. Black, comes in x1 x2 x4 x8 x16 flavors. Very fast. Very Expensive.

PCI-X: An extention of PCI. A bit faster with larger data paths. Ment for server apps like NICs or raid arrays that can use the larger data paths.

PCI: Old stand by. PCI-E is the replacement.

AGP: For graphic cards. PCI-E is the replacement.

ISA: Black, very thick, already dead but might be in one of Rory's PC's.

Common buses:

PCI-E: The next generation of slots. Black, comes in x1 x2 x4 x8 x16 flavors. Very fast. Very Expensive.

PCI-X: An extention of PCI. A bit faster with larger data paths. Ment for server apps like NICs or raid arrays that can use the larger data paths.

PCI: Old stand by. PCI-E is the replacement.

AGP: For graphic cards. PCI-E is the replacement.

ISA: Black, very thick, already dead but might be in one of Rory's PC's.

What do you mean "might"

LOL @ ISA Slot,

Rory PCI express video cards are faster than the ol AGP, and it's not just the video card, PCI E slots havea wider bus (well not technically) they allow more data and therfore faster recordings can be sent down the PCI bus leading to larger resolutions, I beleive Geo are working on making their cards PCI E in the not too distant future, but in truth hardware compression will eliminate some of the need and will become just as affordable, for now, Just simply stick to your dual carded PCI E Video Card and play loads of high res games, god knows I would if I could afford it!!

ok, sorry but i dont own a PC store nor do i go out buying $1000 mobos and cards but yall still didnt answer the question, since you in the first world .. what about ADD slots .. for digital screens ..???? I saw a Mobo the other day with this when I was searching for a Geo mobo.

My PCI-E BFG 6600GT vid card has HDTV output. Wonder how that would look on the big screen Sony

I used the DVI outout on a Sony Entertainment PC to a 50" Plasma HDTV, not impressive, really was a waste of money ..

That said we're using $800 27" LCDs from tiger and they are great with regular VGA output

Most Mobo's these days are not anywhere near that price rory.. sheesh you get ripped.

As for digital display just use a vid card with a DVI ouput, most good cards have an adapter already for this