chrisw

A few recording questions

I have a winfast guard pro (LR3960P) cctv setup at home, which records at 640*480 and roughly 25 fps for 4 channels. I wish to upgrade up a higher resolution,ive seens ome cards advertising resolutions over 720*500 ish, could you recommend me carrying out this upgrade and please specify a suitable DVR card for a high spec pc!

thanks in advance

chris

Im not sure of that card, but 720x480 is not difference from 640x480 generally, not to be worth an upgrade to a whole new system. If anything you may want to upgrade to a different card for more features and technology.

Rory

I disagree with the above statement especially if your using good equipment and can afford little compression... also by upgrading to a card like that you are usually getting hardware compression which is more reliable and makes the CPU work less, so worth the money..

I believe many are heading this way and I know Geovision are already selling these cards... I think... mind you most standalones will already do this.

Regards,

GC

the difference of 640x480 to 720x480 with geovision is really little difference, i have mine set to 720x480 and have tried it back and forth both ways, played back video over and over, but it really isnt that noticeable. The geo arent hardware compression by the way.

Rory

Which new boards ... the combo boards? They dont have hardware compression from what I read and was told. Only one with Hardware compression is the hybrid 4 channel card. Now the Combo boards do have the DSP output but thats not to the PC monitor, just a tV or CCTV monitor, which is great, Im using it and its very clear, but has nothing to do with what resolution you select in the Geo Video Settings, and it doesnt allow you any control of that image besides when you set it up manually. Not sure if the Geo Keypad controls it or not. they may have changed that in the newer 7.1 software coming out.

Rory

nah, looking for a card now that does that... avermedia is apparently but ..

nah, looking for a card now that does that... avermedia is apparently but ..

hi

thinking of upgrade to gv-1240-16 and i look at all info / pdf and do not see if it can record audio on all 16 chanels and if at 720x480 resolution or is it crippeld like gv800 audio only 4ch at max 640x240 not at 640x480 resolution and bidirectional sound on 1 ch from a pc

dusan

got me lost on the audio as havent tried it, yet. Ill check it out on this new DVR i have though.

I have a winfast guard pro (LR3960P) cctv setup at home, which records at 640*480 and roughly 25 fps for 4 channels. I wish to upgrade up a higher resolution,ive seens ome cards advertising resolutions over 720*500 ish, could you recommend me carrying out this upgrade and please specify a suitable DVR card for a high spec pc!

thanks in advance

chris

hi

look at

http://www.acti.com/index.asp

this is hardware mpeg4 compresion chip for each video channel

only problem i see no software yet (soon) , board looks good

better than aver 7000 that is only 1 chip mux for 4 video ch

so it can not do d1 on all 16ch at 30fsp

that what i see from info on aver.com

dusan

acti is IP, so you need IP software such as Lux Riot, it is not DVR .. though you could probably use something like Thomas' product at Video Insight.

To me, IP cameras arent there yet, but some people still prefer it, and it does have its place in certain applications where they can use existing long range wireless networks, or for temporary set ups.

acti is IP, so you need IP software such as Lux Riot, it is not DVR .. though you could probably use something like Thomas' product at Video Insight.

To me, IP cameras arent there yet, but some people still prefer it, and it does have its place in certain applications where they can use existing long range wireless networks, or for temporary set ups.

hi

look at this board pci-4100 4ch mpeg4 card

http://www.acti.com/Web_AdministratorV2/CatalogV2/DataSheet/%7B99EF8872-8C9D-4630-9797-3267FD171E2.PDF

i do knot know if this link will work so go look on www.acti.com site

for pci-4100 product pcboard

dusan

hi

thinking of upgrade to gv-1240-16 and i look at all info / pdf and do not see if it can record audio on all 16 chanels and if at 720x480 resolution or is it crippeld like gv800 audio only 4ch at max 640x240 not at 640x480 resolution and bidirectional sound on 1 ch from a pc

dusan

It does have all 16 channels of audio recording capability. You can record audio

at 320x240, 640x240, 640x480 De-Interlace, 720x240 (NTSC only), and 720x480 De-Interlace (NTSC only), 720x288 (PAL), and 720x576 De-Interlace (PAL).

scottj

Been looking round for a quality board but not have any good samples.

please could someone email me some samples of different high qaulity cards

also does anyone have the geovision GV=Hybrid Card? does it really record at dvd quality?

thanks

chrisw84@gmail.com

Dont know about that, but DVRs are still pretty limited even with non compressed video. Basically using a PC, non compressed video isnt that great at 720x480 unless you are running in the 800x600 res, fine for a CRT but not most LCDs.

Give the hybrid card a try and let us know ..

If i had the $$ i would try it myself ..

Also, the DSP combo card does give you great high res live RCA output.