zamansoomro

connecting computer to DVR instead of CCTV cameras

hi all

I have 4 computers 3 in my shop and one at my home i want to view the desktop of my 3 computers on 1 computer at home for this purpose I have decided to use DVR and connect 3 computers to DVR and my home computer to DVR via Ethernet and view the screen my three computer located at my shops to my home computer.

as i know we can connect CCTV cameras to DVR and view display of those cameras remotely but is it possible to use computers instead of cameras to view the display of my computers?

If it is possible what devices do I need for above purpose

regards

It's possible, but you'll need something for each computer that will convert the VGA output to composite video. Your screen will be small and probably mostly unreadable at that point.

What are you trying to accomplish with this, exactly? A remote-desktop solution, like RAdmin, VNC, TeamViewer, GoToMyPC, or even Windows Remote Desktop is generally a preferable way to view a remote computer.

thanks for reply yes I can use remote desktop application, like vnc etc but by using these softwares i can view the screen of only one computer at a time and i have to type ip address /name of each computer to view the screen of computer each time

as DVR have sofware that you can install on computer type the IP address of that DVR and view as many CCTV cameras as you have.

similary i have one computer on which my purshase sofware is runing and 2nd computer on which movie is running and on 3rd other program is being runing so I want to view what's going on on my these three computers remotely

what if i use TV tuner card with A/V out or S-video out and connect svideo to RF or A/V converter then connect it to DVR

would it be possible ?

regards

You could probably do that as well, but that will ONLY let you view the remote machines, not control them... and again, the screens will be scaled down, since analog video supports a maximum of 704x480 pixels (imagine running each computer in 640x480 VGA mode).

Most remote apps will let you either create an "address book" of your other systems, or create desktop links for them, so you don't have to type in the address every time... and will let you open a separate instance for each remote system, so you could have them all tiled or cascaded in their own windows on your desktop.

thanks for reply

could you please let me know the name of applications apps will let you either create an "address book" of other systems, or create desktop links for them, and will u open a separate instance for each remote system, so I could have them all tiled or cascaded in their own windows on your desktop.

Remote Administrator and TeamViewer support "address books" of a sort... VNC and Remote Desktop will both let you save connections (with relevant info like screen size, color depth, etc.) as links. If you're planning to watch video through this method, I would suggest using UltraVNC (www.uvnc.com) along with its "Monitor Driver" feature (there's an option to download and install it during installation).

None will do them within a single window - they'll run each remote as a separate instance on the desktop. You can move them around, stretch them, shrink them, whatever you can do with any other windows on the desktop.

Check out VNC parameters. You can create a shortcut that will connect automatically to any of the computers, by passing the IP, port, and even password as a parameter to VNC.