Sign in to follow this  
thewireguys

Cameras that work with 940nm IR

Just ordered your encoder

That's actually good. There are a ton of analog cameras out there that are IR sensitive up to around 1000nm. Most of the analog cameras based on the latest Pixim chips should give you good low light, good dynamic range, and IR sensitivity.

I'm not sure you *really* want to do 940nm though. It takes a LOT of 940nm light to give good, even scene illumination. I'd say roughy you'll spend 1.5-2x more on 940nm over 850nm IR all things considered.

Just ordered your encoder

That's actually good. There are a ton of analog cameras out there that are IR sensitive up to around 1000nm. Most of the analog cameras based on the latest Pixim chips should give you good low light, good dynamic range, and IR sensitivity.

I'm not sure you *really* want to do 940nm though. It takes a LOT of 940nm light to give good, even scene illumination. I'd say roughy you'll spend 1.5-2x more on 940nm over 850nm IR all things considered.

Yes we want 940nm..... this is for covert law enforcement setups

Yes we want 940nm..... this is for covert law enforcement setups

940nm is approx 20-30% less distance than 840nm, though can up the IR power to compensate in some cases.

Manufacturers used to list their spectral response but seems thats a thing of the past now