miksonx

GV-650 Destroyed by new software ?

Hello,

I have only one question.

I have geovision GV-650 I'm not sure mayble clone card and I installed newest software from torrent 8.4

I'm getting video Lost all the time on any camera input. Is it true that newest version is destroying the clone card firmware and If it's true is there any way to fixit ?

Thanks.

Hello,

I have only one question.

I have geovision GV-650 I'm not sure mayble clone card and I installed newest software from torrent 8.4

I'm getting video Lost all the time on any camera input. Is it true that newest version is destroying the clone card firmware and If it's true is there any way to fixit ?

Thanks.

simple just dont buy clone cards. ..... geo have done a very good job in making these cards usless with a simple update.

Thank you for the info. But not the seling company wanr me about that I'm buying clone card. Is there any how to reprogram the ROM ? and use the original CD.

Um... no.

The new version isn't "destroying" the card... assuming it is a cloned card, the software that came with the card would have been hacked to allow it to work with it; if you downloaded the *legitimate* software, it will recognize that it's not a legitimate card, and simply won't work with it.

If you got a different hacked version of the software, it's probably designed to work with a card that's hacked in a different way... and again, won't work with it.

Either way, we can't help you here, as we DO NOT support illegal hardware and software.

Your only other option is contact GeoVision and request the download from them, not get it from a torrent. If it IS a real card, it will have a serial number that you give them when filling out the download form; they can then verify that it's real, and provide you with the proper software for it.

Keep in mind that even if it is legitimate, newer software may not work with an older card, so simply downloading the latest version won't necessarily work with the card you have. Again, going through GeoVision will ensure you have the proper version for that card.