Sign in to follow this  
New Orleans Computer

How to install Geovision software?

I bought a used Geovision GV600 on eBay (it's genuine) but it came with no disk. So I went on to the torrent site and found Geovision 8.4, but there's no installer, just a bunch of Zip files. I have Windows 7.

screenshot20110428at638-1.png

you need lower version firmware for the gv600 8.4and 8.5 has got new firmware updates for the newer cards which is pci express.

ill have a look on their website and in the office for older software.

but look at their website aswell . hAVE a look at www.ezcctv.com gv600 run with ver 2.and 3 software your pc will need to be downgraded to xp or 2000 aswell.

our gv600/650 run on 2000 and xp

GEOVISION IS THE BEST BY FAR.

you need lower version firmware for the gv600 8.4and 8.5 has got new firmware updates for the newer cards which is pci express.

ill have a look on their website and in the office for older software.

but look at their website aswell . hAVE a look at http://www.ezcctv.com gv600 run with ver 2.and 3 software your pc will need to be downgraded to xp or 2000 aswell.

From top to bottom you're wrong in all departments. So let's get on with the corrections shall we and help this poor bloke out.

Make sure the firmware for the card is 3.20 or above (this might be what the guy above is referring to) so that you're able to integrate 8.4.0 with your GV600. Lower versions will not work with 8.4. Additionally, Geovision 8.5 doesn't even exist

hAVE a look at http://www.ezcctv.com gv600 run with ver 2.and 3 software your pc will need to be downgraded to xp or 2000 aswell.

GV600's run perfectly well with Windows 7.

Official spec sheet from website

Lay off the ganja homie. Providing incorrect and misleading advice is unhelpful at best.

I used demonoid to download my GV software and ended up with a buncha zips

demonoid being demonoid It could be that it's a self extracting zip so if you extract the first it will pull the rest with it. I've usually only seen that done with .rars but I know it's possible to do it with zips as well. Try extracting the initial file and see what happens. Also try local.zip. Failing that... try here