I hope this is the correct forum.

I've recently bought a four camera system.

cctvset-1.jpg

I had problems with it from the start in that it "Could not find codec".I managed to solve that problem but now I'm starting to install it properly & find that the wireless connection is very poor.It goes black for about three seconds on occasions too.I'll post a vid of that when it uploads to pbucket(taking forever).

I tried a wired connection & the blackness happens with that too,it's as if the system is refreshing itself.Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere,or is it supposed to do that?

Another thing is the ptz,it doesn't work.Do these cameras have these built in internally or is that just part of the software that would work if the correct cameras were used?

Many thanks in advance for any replies.

This wireless system is complete garbage. There is not one component in it that is not cheap junk. It is a low resolution 380TVL system with lousy wireless capability and bare bones almost non functional recording software.

If at all possible return it and get your money back. If you can not then put all the cameras in the same room as the receiver and just play with it as a toy with the kids.

Hahaha, the problem with this thing has nothing to do with "radiation limits" and everything to do with the fact that it's simply cheap junk. Guarantee you the output of these cameras is nowhere near any country's "safe limit".

Another thing is the ptz,it doesn't work.Do these cameras have these built in internally or is that just part of the software that would work if the correct cameras were used?

PTZ...!?!?

facepalm-2.jpg

He knows what it means... the confusion is over the claim that those cheap cameras have it.

Which was why I asked the question,the manual states the ability is there.

Which was why I asked the question,the manual states the ability is there.

Do you see anything on those cameras that make you think they are going to move?

20100106170730174-1.jpg

You want pan/tilt? Push the camera gently on any given direction. Want some zoom? Grab the camera and move it forward.

Do you see anything on those cameras that make you think they are going to move?

No,which is why I said,"Do these cameras have these built in internally or is that just part of the software that would work if the correct cameras were used?".

No,which is why I said,"Do these cameras have these built in internally or is that just part of the software that would work if the correct cameras were used?".

All DVRs have PTZ controls, all DVR softwares have PTZ controls... That of course are only useful if you have PTZ cameras, and will do nothing with a camera that has no moving parts at all.

Back on topic; as they have told you already, this kit is just a toy. 2.4G wireless (which anyone else can use/view, even your computer wifi could be causing interferences), maximum distance 100m with view from camera to receiver (which will never happen). The video you posted above does not show anything weird to me, it just shows me that you need to move the camera closer to the receiver.

Back on topic; as they have told you already, this kit is just a toy. 2.4G wireless (which anyone else can use/view, even your computer wifi could be causing interferences), maximum distance 100m with view from camera to receiver (which will never happen). The video you posted above does not show anything weird to me, it just shows me that you need to move the camera closer to the receiver.

Thank you.I now realise that comparitively speaking this may be a toy!However it still has to be fit for purpose as advertised by the seller.I'm trying to cover all angles before I claim a refund.

As I inferred in my first post (introductions) I need help because I have no knowledge of cctv whatsoever.When you say you see nothing weird does that mean that the black screen is a normal thing even when hard wired?

Does the wireless transmission automatically shut off when connected by wire & so be unaffected by interference from other transmitters?

If you use the camera wired, there are no interferences. You can connect any of the 4 cameras direct to a TV, and you will have a good image (a good, cheap, 380 lines CMOS image, that is).

Connecting the camera wired will not stop the transmitter. They work at the same time wired, and wireless. You could wire them to a DVR somewhere in order to record them, and connect the receiver on a TV somewhere else on the house to view them; when viewing them, you would of course have worse image quality.

It all depends on the quality you need, and what you want to do with the kit. You need to see the kids playing on the yard, who is ringing your doorbell? Might be enough. You want to be able to catch a thief who breaks on your house when away, and have any good shots of their face? I doubt it.

When you say you see nothing weird does that mean that the black screen is a normal thing even when hard wired?

The video you uploaded is wireless, not wired.

When you say you see nothing weird does that mean that the black screen is a normal thing even when hard wired?

The video you uploaded is wireless, not wired.

Yes but,as stated earlier.....

Never mind,thank you for your input.

Hahaha, the problem with this thing has nothing to do with "radiation limits" and everything to do with the fact that it's simply cheap junk. Guarantee you the output of these cameras is nowhere near any country's "safe limit".

hehe, wireless camera so useful, take off cables, install anywhere you want, why still can't replace the wired ones?

Well for starters, you still have to power the thing, so you really can't get rid of ALL the cables.

And as others have noted here, most of them operate in the same consumer frequency band as thousands of other devices, including cordless phones, wireless keyboards and mice, WiFi, wireless alarms, baby monitors, Bluetooth, etc.

Wireless works poorly through woodframe walls, worse through steel-stud walls, and even worse through concrete, which severely curtails their usefulness in all but residential and outdoor installations. So no, you can't just "install anywhere you want".

But by all means, if you have something better, do feel free to step up and prove it. Send some evaluation hardware to some of the professionals here - if it works well, we'll all be happy to recommend it. If it doesn't, we'll be sure to say that it's crap. How confident are you in what you sell?

Thank you.I now realise that comparitively speaking this may be a toy!However it still has to be fit for purpose as advertised by the seller.

That depends on who the seller is, but advertising claims about cheap CCTV systems like these tend to be GREATLY exaggerated, even from better-known brick-and-mortar stores.

The video really looks like a spotty wireless connection, but if it's the same both wired and wireless, it could be that either the camera(s) and/or the DVR just have serious issues. You may also have to manually tell it to use the wired connection, or it may still be using the wireless link.